CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

When suddenly, I heard a loud familiar raspy scream from the other room awaken me again. Jongin?

I immediately jerked up from the bed, and run as fast as I can outside my room.

Just a few split second after, silence filled up the atmosphere. Jongin's pain weren't heard anymore, making my body taken over by nervousness as I finally reached his room.

Kyungsoo was knocking loudly on his the bedroom's door as he cried to himself. I immediately run to him, and he faced me. "He won't open the door." He said weakly. His eyes were red, swollen and tearful.

I didn't answer him, and immediately kicked the door with all my might since it was locked. I kicked it twice, but I failed and for the third time, it opened.

I entered the dark room. I took each step bravely, and each step felt like walking in thick water. The atmosphere and smell inside was quite different, and the feeling of nausea took over my body.

Kyungsoo flicked the light switch on as he was trailing behind me. I heard a gasp from him as the light switch turned on, and the area can now be seen.

It was a horrifying and brutal scene. The windows were broken. The furnitures were all over the place. Jongin's body were lying on the cold floor. A swamp of blood was under our feet.

Kyungsoo stood beside me with a hand covering his mouth as he silently sob in fright.

The sight of Jongin's dead body made me shiver, but I forced myself not to show it to Kyungsoo. I have to be strong for him, at least.

He was drowning in his own blood and flesh.

Blood, blood and blood everywhere.

I tightly closed my eyes shut for a second before kneeling down next to my brother's dead body.

I checked his body to see signs of him being alive. Trembling, I ripped his shirt in two, and saw that there were plenty of stab wounds in his torso. I looked up to his head, to his neck down to his feet to see that there were multiple stab wounds.

"He's still alive, isn't he?" Kyungsoo asked from my back. "Tell me, he's still alive, Sehun. Please. . ."

I didn't answer Kyungsoo's question. I don't want to give him false hope, and I know it's too obvious, but I can't blame Kyungsoo for hoping a different outcome.

There was a minute of silence before Kyungsoo spoke again, "Go check on Aira. She might need you. . ."

I looked at him, and he sat beside Jongin. "I'll be back, alright?"

And he nodded his head weakly.

Quickly, I run my way upstairs to go to Aira's room.