CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Sehun's P.O.V.

As soon as Kyungsoo called me, I immediately went to the hospital. He told me that Jongin was charged in the hospital due to back and waist injury. I sighed hopelessly, walking towards Jongin's ward. This is all my fault.. If I didn't hurt him, he wouldn't be here.. He wouldn't be in a severe condition like this.

Once I reached his ward, I quietly twisted the doorknob, I poked my head inside the door first before entering completely.

Jongin, with a calm smile on his face, was lying down on his bed while Kyungsoo was sitting on a stool next to his bed.

I smiled to my brother, approaching him. "I apologize, Jongin." I told him, holding on to the metal thing at the foot of his bed.

"I learned my lesson, kid." He smirked mischievously. "Don't make a demon angry." He added, joking. I didn't manage to laugh or smile at his joke because I still feel bad to what stupidity I did. I could have killed him. I could have killed my brother—the only family I have. When he noticed the frown on my face, he spoke again. "I'm sorry too, Sehun." He said in such a calm tone.

I only looked at him when he said those words. What for? "I'm sorry, I was a traitor to our kind.. That I sacrificed my immortality, just to become a human—"

"You're not just a human, Jongin." I cut him off. "Humans are such beautiful creatures. Humans are indeed amazing in so many ways; they have these tons of emotions and thoughts that a demon can't have for a very long time." I told him, "An unconditional love." and I saw Kyungsoo smiled after. "And Jongin, I would like to feel that kind of love too."

"You may be a demon, Sehun.. but your emotions and thoughts are just like human's." Kyungsoo piped up. "Exactly like humans, or maybe even better that humans." He smiled.

"And that what makes you special and different than others, Sehun." Jongin said. "You were never heartless." He paused. "You've always been the kindest." I couldn't thank them enough to what they both said, so I smiled widely at the both them, showing how thankful I am to those wonderful words they told me.

I promise.. I wouldn't let Tao lay a finger on these two. I wouldn't let him kill Jongin and Kyungsoo. Up to my last breath, I'm going to protect them. I'm willing to die just to keep them alive.

------------------

Walking along the hallway, I come across a familiar person. A person who seemed I've met before. "Dr. Oh!" He greeted me, so I smiled timidly.

"Remember me?" He pointed himself. "I'm Aira's guardian. Byun Baekhyun."

"Oh, yes. I remembered now." I told him honestly. "What brings you here, Mr. Byun?"

"Well, Aira was charged yesterday here due to the suspicious wounds on her neck." He hesitated at first, but told me afterwards, tilting his head for a second. "Chanyeol found her sleeping on her bed with her neck bleeding nonstop, and there was actually no one there, but her window was cracked open, so we thought that maybe, there's someone out there trying to kill her..." He bit his lip, terrified to what he just said. "And it's driving us insane and nervous too."

"That's suspicious.." I said, almost whispering. Tao? Why do I have a feeling that Tao could be the person who almost killed Aira? Is he really able to kill the girl he loves? I sighed in confusion. That guy is really something.