CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I slowly flutter my eyes open to see the white ceiling far above me. I roamed my vision around me, and realize that I'm in the living room. How did I get here? I gently sat up from the couch, and felt a pain in my hand. I shifted my gaze on my hand, and saw a white bandage, stained with my blood, wrapping around my hand. I tried to sigh the pain away as I remembered the reason behind this wound in my hand. Oh, geez. Why do I always end up with wounds? If not, I'm in a hospital with plenty of bruises. Gee. It's really tiring. Isn't Tao getting tired of hurting people?

"Hey, you're awake." I turned to face Baekhyun when I heard his voice entering the living room. I saw him, holding a tray with  a three-layer bacon sandwich and a cup of milk over it. He approached me, then sat on the foot of the couch as he placed the tray on the coffee table. I looked at Baekhyun's droopy eyes as he sat. "Why are you so stubborn, Aira?" He asked, rubbing his droopy eyes with his hand. "Didn't we tell you that all of us will be sleeping in my room? Now, look at you. You got yourself hurt again." He lectured, with a yawn after every sentence. He stopped rubbing his eyes, and looked at me. "I don't know what's happening anymore, Aira.. And to be honest, Chanyeol and I have no idea how to protect you. So, please, if you have any idea what's going on, tell us, or at least tell it to someone who might help us because we badly need help, Aira. Someone is out there to kill you-to kill all of us, and it's slowly tearing me apart! I'm losing myself. I don't know what to do anymore if we lose you..." Baekhyun stated, sobbing hard and already losing hope, so I quickly spread my arms and embraced him tightly, then rubbed my hand against his back. I bit my lower lip as I felt Baekhyun's unstable breath. I'm really sorry for all of these, Baek. This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me. I'm really sorry...

-----------------------

I swallowed  this  lump on my throat as I stood in front of Oh Sehun's house.

Last night, I've thought of coming here since there's a lot of questions in my head that needed answers right away because of what Tao told me last night.

And today, I have to know the answers. For the sake of my family's safety.

I breathed in and out before taking some brave steps toward his gate. I slowly lifted my hand, hesitating if I should press the doorbell or should I not. I looked away as I think. Maybe, I should just talk to him the other day.. I don't think he's- I stopped mentally talking to myself when I heard his front door creaked open, and he came out of it as he tries to tighten his loose neck tie. From my view here outside, I can't help but to adore such incredible beauty. Should I leave now? Looking at his face still, I took a step backward, but to my clumsiness, I almost tripped at the rock behind me, so I got startled and shrieked.

From that very moment, he heard me shrieked. He shifted his attention to me, and I saw him smile the brightest. Sehun immediately walked out of his house and his gate after, and approached me.

"Hey. What brings you here?" He asked as soon as he reached where I am.

"Uhhh," I started, looking away. "I need to talk.. to you.." I added, looking at his face timidly now.

"About what?" Sehun asked. This time, the smile in his face slowly disappeared.

"Sehun, who are you exactly?" I asked. I asked him the way how I asked Tao the first time he appeared in front of my eyes as a demon. "W-What do you really know about Tao?"

And with that question, I saw how Sehun's eyebrows furrowed, forming lines in his forehead. "This is what I'm about to tell you that night in the rooftop," He paused for a second. "and I'm afraid you won't able to accept that.." Sehun stopped in midsentence, looking away from me as he rubbed those invisible dust away from his face.

"Accept what?" I asked in curiosity.

"Accept that.. Accept that I'm just like him, that I'm like Tao." Sehun told me directly with a tinge of nervousness in his every word. "I'm just like Tao, Aira.. Maybe even worse." He said, as I felt his soft, unlikely demon hands against my arms. "I'm only trying to blend in with your human environment because once I show my demon self, there's a fifty-fifty chance I can return to my normal self, and there's a chance I can't. I can, and I may kill every human living in this earth once I can't go back to my human state." Sehun explained, catching his breath. "I'm a demon, Aira, but I don't want you to push me away, please! I don't want you to think of me as a beast, as a monster! I would never think of hurting you..." Sehun cried, tears slowly falling out of his eyes. Slowly, I felt his hands, wrapping around my torso and pulling me closer to him.

But then, I remembered what Tao told me. Sehun used to hurt me physically back then when he turned into a raging unstable demon.

But I guess, he doesn't know that nor remember it. "You can't promise not to hurt me, Sehun. You're a demon. You can kill me anytime you want." I told him as I slowly placed my hands on his back.

"But, I won't." Sehun said firmly as he embraced me tightier yet gently than before. "Didn't I tell you I'll protect you?" He whispered softly in my ear before slowly pulling away from the hug. "I'll protect you and your brother and your cousin from Tao if you just let me. Please." He begged for the second time now. Sehun's face was near mine that I could feel his warm breath against my cheeks, and the tip of our noses against each other. "I will protect you from Tao. I won't let him hurt you again." Sehun said with his eyes closed this time. He brushed his nose against mine timidly, then slowly he pressed his lips against mine, giving me a peck on the lips. Yes, I do like Sehun, and I have to admit his kisses and his warmth are like paradise to me, but I still have to be extra careful around Sehun as well. He's also a demon, Aira and he, as well, can kill you and your loved ones.

********************

Sorry for the late update; prelims came unexpectedly so I really had tough weeks. I do hope you all understand. Thank you for your patience, guys! You seriously are the best! I'm happy I have readers like y'all! Love you! VOTE and COMMENT. Thankiesss!