CHAPTER TEN

After I had a conversation with Dr. Oh's relatives, a week passed by like a blink of an eye, like somehow I just wanted this day not to come but what can I do? Looks like fate was against me.

Now, here I am having dinner with them.

"This is great, isn't it?" Kyungsoo asked in joy, glancing at me as he took a spoonful of that unusual yet delicious food he cooked.

"Yeah.." I answered oddly to him. Don't take me wrong, I love their hospitality and their kindness, but I find this whole dinner thing very strange and awkward.

I secretly pinched Dr. Oh's thigh who is just sitting next to me—a kind of pinch where you want a person's attention, not in a flirty way. Dr. Oh immediately turned to face me. "What?" He asked in annoyance plastered in his face.

"Can I have a word with you?" I whispered to him, and he just looked at the other two in front of us. With just a glance of Dr. Oh to that Jongin, he understood his brother, so Jongin nodded and gestured his hand, allowing us to talk in private. Dr. Oh immediately stood up from his seat, and I excuse myself to those two first before following Dr. Oh upstairs.

As we walked on our way upstairs, I called him. "Is it really necessary to talk upstairs?" I asked him, but he never looked back nor answered. He just continue walking, and I proceeded following him.

Once we reached the second floor, I was expecting him to stop, but he did not. He kept on walking until he stopped, and stood in front of the last door in the certain floor. He turned the knob, and shifted his attention to me. "After you." He said, as he let me go inside that particular old European-style room.

I'm a bit flustered about going inside, but still I did. After I got in, he followed and closed the door. I roamed my eyes around the area, and realized that it was actually a living room.

An antique chandelier at the middle of the ceiling, antique European floral-printed furnitures everywhere, even the wallpaper used in the room looks so european and so classy. I like the atmosphere here. My gaze locked on a certain huge portrait of two lovers hang in the wall at middle of the room. Below that portrait, I saw a coffee table, and on top of that table, there's two separate portraits of those two. "Are these two your parents?" I asked Dr. Oh as I turned to look at him.

"Yeah," He answered. "you said you wanted to thank my mom for that little advice I quoted from her." He added as he approached me, and stood beside me.

"Right." I can't believe he still remembers that. I slowly walked towards the table and kneeled in front of it. I looked at her mother's portrait, and she was indeed beautiful.

Her eyes are just like Dr. Oh's, but softer than his, and her lips are just like Jongin's while their father was tanned and has sharper eyes. "Hi, Mrs. Oh. Good day." I started, feeling a little awkward. "I would like to say thank you. Your words really inspires me and it gives me courage. I know that statement were not really meant for me, but still I'm grateful for your words. Thank you for sharing it to your son, and I'm thankful that your son share it to me as well." I said as I lastly glanced at Dr. Oh.

I saw him kneeled next to me and said, "My mom will be so grateful hearing your words." He stood up after, and offered his hand towards me. I gently reached out his hand and stood up as well. He let my hand go as I successfully stood up. "So, you said you want to talk in private, right?"

"Oh, right. I just remembered." I said, eyeing him as he sat down on that single couch, so I also sat down properly on that long couch. "No offense, but your brother and sort'a brother-in-law.. I found them weird. Not their relationship though, the way they treat me." I said, fiddling my thumbs. "I mean, is this how they treat each of your female patients?" I asked.

"No. You're the first." Dr. Oh answered, as he crossed his legs in a manly yet classy manner. "I don't know what's up with them, but they just badly want me to found someone. They want me to feel human." He said, almost whispering the last word.

"Human?" I repeated the last word. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"Huh? Well, you know. To feel alive. To feel emotions and stuffs." He quickly answered. "They said I lacked emotions. I lacked love."

"Oh," I answered. "Okay.. Honestly, everytime I see you, I feel like you're quite lonely sometimes. I find you fragile too, like somehow I feel the need of staying by your side to keep you company.." I added, looking at his eyes as if reading like an open book. "Weird, right?" I just laughed it off and continued, "This is just nonsense." I said, realizing all the words that came out of my mouth. It was supposed to be in my head only.

"Do you really find me fragile?" I could feel the melancholy in his voice even if he tried hiding it, and I nodded my head slowly. "It's great someone can read me like an open book." He laughed a bit after.

That laugh. It feels like music in my ears. Even I have no idea what I'm saying but it feels like, I have know Dr. Oh for a long time.

"Sehun.." I called him, and he looked at me. "If you just need somebody to talk to, I'm here. We can talk." I smiled at him.

"You called me Sehun." He said, seriously.

"Oh!" I gasped, "I'm sorr—"

"It's nice to hear it from you. Somehow, I felt so close to you." He paused. "Somehow, it felt like we've known each other for a long time."

"Yeah, it feels like it." I said as we both locked our gazes upon each other's eyes.

••••••••••••••••

Updated, and YES, THE BOX OF WHICH AIRA MADE STILL EXIST. YOU'LL KNOW WHERE IS IT IN THE FUTURE CHAPS. VOTE & COMMENT. :*