CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Sehun's P.O.V.

It's been almost a month ever since Baekhyun asked me that favor, and until now, I'm keeping that promise. After waking up from the night we shared sleeping together one last time, everything felt like a dream — everything is never the same.

I decided to do a morning jog as one of my trainings to maintain my strength and stability. And as I returned back home after an hour jog , I saw Aira waiting outside the house as she held a cold bottled water and a white towel in her both hands.

"Hey." I greeted her as I stopped in front of her. Her dark brown wavy hair hanging loose, almost covering the side of her face — her temples down to her jaws; her skin has gotten a lot paler as well, and her lips were dry. Before she could even respond, she handed me the water and towel weakly. I quickly retrieved it from her, and used the towel to wipe the dripping beads of sweat rolling down my forehead and to my neck and nape. I locked my gaze on her as I continuously wiping away my sweat then asked, "Are you sick?"

Looking so fragile, she looked up and shook her head as she flashed me a small, timid smile. Then, looked down again as she was about to walk a few steps back inside the house, but before she could even make a step, I grabbed her arm and made her turn to me. I stared at her, "I'm sorry about what I said before. . ." I paused, examining her pale face. "I'm not pushing you away. It's just that, I promised Baekhyun something and I can never disappoint him. It's for your own sake as well. You understand that, right?"

"Yeah, I understand." She said, before sighing heavily. Her voice was monotonous and quiet for some reasons. "Whatever Baekhyun told you, maybe he was right? Maybe we should just be separated from each other. Maybe it was for the better. Don't you think?"

Hearing those words from her, I felt an ache inside me. "Yeah. . ." I responded, still with my gaze lock on her fragile beauty. I tighten the grip on her arm as I slowly lean in to her then whispered, "But I want you to know how much I missed you. If we really are meant to be, we'll find a way to each other's heart again, right?" Aira felt little chilly as our cheeks almost touched.

I was asking for an assurance — an assurance that would make her stay beside me as I continuously assume and believe we will still end up together. .

Suddenly, I felt this urge to never let her go. I don't want to move. I want to feel her like this, if it's possible to stay this close to her forever.

I know I can be very complicated. The other day, I wanted her away. . . and now, I'm like a fool, asking her to stay with me. . . but, I guess, she must changed her mind already. She must have thought that being away from me could be a good idea for all us.

She removed my hand from her arm, and moved backward as her eyes still locked on mine. "Everything's not like before. I wanted to hope that after all of these, I would still hold you. But that would never happen. A lot of things can happen soon, and I don't know if you would still choose to be with me. I can hurt you, Sehun. . ." She finished, as she forced herself not to sob.

"What are you saying?" I was bewildered with the last words she said. I can hurt you, Sehun. I asked her as I felt that there's a deeper meaning in each and every word she said.

She shook her head lightly, "I'm sorry." Aira then left me and entered inside.

------------------------------------------

Throughout the afternoon, I waited for her because I badly need to talk to her. I'm confused, scared and worried at the same time for her.

Why do I feel like she's hiding something? Something huge and terrifying.

Aira never left her room. She didn't eat whenever Kyungsoo cooked food for her and took it to her room. She didn't also talked to Baekhyun and Chanyeol and even to Jongin. Is it something about what I said, or she's just trying to distant herself from us, not just me, but to all of us? . . .

But why? Why, Aira?

"You've been here for hours. Aren't you tired of waiting?" Jongin asked as soon as he saw me, sitting outside her bedroom door.

"I need to talk to her." I said without looking away.

"Have you tried knocking?" He sarcastically responded to me.

I almost rolled my eyes, "Yes, several times. I tried calling her name too, but she doesn't want to talk to me." I sighed, forcing myself not to feel too emotional. "I'm just worried. She doesn't even look okay. And I can't do anything much about her."

"Maybe she's too stressed out to deal with you for now, Sehun. Maybe you should give her some space." Jongin answered sadly as he couldn't think of anything to say to made me feel better.

"It's been a almost goddamn month, Jongin! And every fucking day of not being able to talk to her made my life even more miserable than it is. She's all that I've got. I know I promised Baekhyun something, but I will still fight for her no matter what." I said, pouring out my emotions.

"I know it's difficult, Sehun, but these are only a few risks you have to take if you want to be with Aira." Jongin piped up. "Sometimes, in life, you have to choose. . . Because you never have everything, Sehun." Jongin said, licking his lower lip to moisten it. "And that's what I did. At the end, I always choose Kyungsoo. That I forgot I hurt somebody. I hurt a friend. I hurt my family." He continued, looking down. "This will never happen if it wasn't because of me in the first place."

"It's not your fault, Jongin. Everybody did something wrong, but that doesn't mean everything is your fault. Don't blame yourself. . . I'm happy that you made a right decision to choose Kyungsoo. I know you've been through a lot, and you deserve him." I looked at her bedroom door, "I do hope I can make the right decision too, Jongin."

"I know you can." He smiled, giving off an assuring smile. "Now, get some rest. Don't tire yourself too much."

I nodded my head as he tapped my arm before leaving. After Jongin left, I took one glance at her door, still waiting for her to come out, but she did not.

I would always choose you, Aira. Keep that in mind.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This chap sucks. I'm sorry. I don't know if people are still reading it, but I'm still quite undecided if I should take this down or not coz it was hard for me to continue writing this. Kindly share your thoughts. Thanks.