CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Sehun's P.O.V.

When Chanyeol called Aira and they both left, I stayed sitting on the roof.

My lap touched my chest as I hugged my both knees. It turned cold all of a sudden.

Did I do the right thing, Baekhyun? Is this what you wanted? I mentally asked myself.

I do not wish for Aira and I to be like this. . .

Everything seems to be going fine between us, at least. . .

But Baekhyun talked to me once he regained his conciousness. . .

I made him a promise. I'm sorry, Aira.

××××××××××

Once Baekhyun has regained his conciousness, he called me. He said he wanted to talk to me.

"Ah, do you need something?" I asked him once I entered his room.

Baekhyun was sitting on the bed, laying his back comfortably.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked again, but he didn't say a word and just gesture the stool next to his bed as if telling me to sit there, and so I did.

"Thanks for asking, and yes, I'm feeling okay now." He started as he saw me sitting already. "Now," He paused, "I want to talk to you, Sehun. . . I want to talk about your relationship with Aira."

"Baekhyun, if you're mad or angry or disappointed about what Aira and I did. . . I would like to sincerely apologize. . . I mean—"

He didn't let me finish. "I was just surprised, but let me tell you something, okay?" I nodded my head. "Aira really loves you. I can see it. The way she looked at you. The way she moved when she feels your presence. The way her face suddenly blooms when you're near her. . .  I can see it all. And it's nice to see her that way despite of being in a situation like this." He sighed then smiled apologeticly at me. "You're also a great person, Sehun. You're well-educated, kind-hearted and very good-looking. You're everything to Aira. . . But there's one flaw of yours that is making it hard for everyone else around you."

I immediately looked away. "I'm a demon. . ." I piped up as I thought of what Baekhyum would say next. . . And he nodded his head bitterly.

"You're a danger to Aira and to everyone else. Aira has been risking her life and everything else for this. . . for all of these!" Baekhyun gritted his teeth. "Aira don't deserve this, Sehun. She doesn't deserve to be in between of you and that Tao's battle. She has nothing to do with this!"

"I'm really sorry, Baekhyun. . . But. . ."

"If you're really sorry, you'd let her go." He told me which made me widened my eyes in surprise and lost for words. "I want a normal life for her. I want her to live a normal life. . . but she could never have that again. Her life's a mess now. . . So, Sehun please. . . I beg of you. . . If you really love her, you'd let her go after you fight Tao. Win or lose, promise me, you'll never enter her life again. You'll cut the ties between you two."

"But Baekhyun, I love her. I want to be with her after all of these are done for good." I told him, defending my side. "Please, Sehun. I'll fight for her everyday. I'll protect her."

"Don't make this hard for the both of us, Sehun. Please." He said plainly. "Let's just say you've defeated Tao, will she still be safe around you? You're a demon too, Sehun. You're a threat to her, and anytime, you can kill her. You can be just like Tao."

I AM NOTHING LIKE TAO!!!!

I wanted to tell that to his face, but Baekhyun bursted into tears. Looking at him, sympathy took over me and I can't blame him. I guess he's been traumatized too much that he's having a mental breakdown now.

"Please, Sehun. Do this favor for me. Promise me this, okay?" He said, sobbing quietly.

As much as I want to keep Aira with me, I can't. . .  I'm not the only one who need her and want to be with her forever.

She still has a family, and I can't take her away from them. . . "I. . . I promise." I told him in a melancholic tone.

××××××××××

I did the right thing, didn't I?

I only sighed as I though of it all.

I stood up, and decided to left the roof and exited the room as well.

I went downstairs — to my office, so I could focus on something else.

"You okay, Sehun?" Jongin said as soon as he saw me.

"Ah, yeah. I''m good. . ."

Everytime, I looked at Jongin. . . I realized how I hated myself.

Seeing him, sitting in his wheelchair, I wanted to kill myself. I'm still feeling guilty. . . He's a disabled man now because of me. . . Nothing to blame, but me.

Why am I so deadly?

"You're a danger to Aira and to everyone else." Baekhyun's words  keep on repeating in my head.

"Sehun?" Jongin called again. "Are you sure you're feeling okay?"

"I SAID I'M OKAY, GODDAMN IT!" I yelled. I can't feel too much emotions. I'm losing myself when I feel emotional.

Then suddenly, my vision turned red. "Sehun, your arm . ." Jongin said as he began moving backward away from me.

I looked down at my arms and saw those root-like tattoos spreading in my arms. I could even feel them spreading inside me. Inside my body.

I looked at Jongin once again and he was dumbfounded. . .

"Leave." I told him, almost mumbling as I immediately entered my office then locked myself inside to further avoid hurting him or the others.

I have to calm down again to regain my normal state.

And Baekhyun's right, I'm dangerous to everyone else.

I am nothing but a monster.

**********************************************************************************************

Lame update, I know. But at least I told you why Sehun acted that way in the previous chapter.

Anyways, I'm currently editing my stories and I have to say, I cringe more that I should when I read my story. Argh. HAHAHAHA! I hated it! Thanks for still reading though. Yo the best! Mwah!