Chapter 23

"Oh come on." Collin complained as another ring went around a bottle. "How are you doing it Roxy?" I shrugged and took aim again.

"Winner!" The guy in the booth called out slightly irratated. He pulled down a giant stuffed tiger and passed it to me. I smiled politely and thanked the man.

"Well me and Rebecca are going on the Ferris Wheel. Wanna come?" Collin shouted already heading in that direction. I shook my head no.

"So what do you want to do?" Harry asked kissing my forehead. I bit my lip as I looked around.

"What about the Fun House?" I asked looking at it curiously. He smiled and took my hand.

We handed the guy the tickets and walked across the balance board. " Are you having fun?" Harry asked behind me as we hit the first set of stairs.

" I've only been to a carnival once before. I thought it'd of been more fun to go with someone I actually cared about." I answered.

"Is that a yes?" He asked. I smiled turning around and kissed him right as the floor suddenly tilted. We pulled back laughing rubbing our foreheads.

"Sorry." I whispered. Then the floor shook again throwing him towards me. He caught his self against the railing behind me. I looked up at him happily.

"I think I'm ready to get out of here." He whispered huskily. I stared up into his blue eyes in a trance as I nodded. We rushed out of the Fun House towards the car laughing. I pulled out my phone and texted Collin that we were heading "home". Suddenly I ran into Harry's back.

"Harry?" I asked walking around him. The sight of Mark standing there with a gun pointed at Harry caused my heart to stop. "Mark?"

"I'm tired of playing Roxy." He said. I knew I was staring at him like he lost his mind." I'm tired of acting like we aren't in love for the sake of this stupid fool. Just so he won't tell everyone who, what we are."

"Mark...." I said stepping closer testing the waters. I wasn't good at talking people down, but I didn't have a weapon. "Mark it's going to be okay." I saw him nod.

"Yes, I'm just going to kill him then we can be together Roxy." He glanced at me pleading.

"Mark, if you shoot him Boss will kill you. We can't be together then can we?" I tried to reason. I saw him hesitant as I walked slowly closer.

"Boss will understand." He spoke shakingly. I held back a laugh, he had to be crazy to think Boss would understand anything. "It's why I killed Ricky. He would of stopped us from being together." I stopped at the confirmation. I shook my head and stepped closer now in arms length. I glanced back at my sweet Harry and mouthed I'm sorry to him, before turning to the maniac in front of me.

" I understand Mark." I whispered. He looked at me elated.

"You do?" He asked like a scared little boy.

I nodded. "Yes, Mark. I... I care about you." I stuttered not able to bring myself to tell him I love him. "Let's run away together." I took another step so I was in his arms. "Just put the gun down and this can be all over." He looked at me like he just won the lottery.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" He asked skeptically. I leaned up on my tippy toes and kissed him. I felt one of his hands wrap around my waist as I tried to fight the bile that wanted to come out. I wrapped an arm around his neck as my other hand caught the gun he went to drop.  He went to pull away and I quickly turned the gun on him. Bang. He fell to the ground clutching his stomach. He looked at me in shock as the tears ran down my face. "Roxy?"

"You were my best friend Mark, but I can't let you endanger Harry's life." I said picking up the gun as I went into my cold place and shot him between the eyes. He fell limp on th floor. I looked down at my blood soaked clothes and pulled out my phone. I texted Boss. 'Mark's dead. He admitted to killing Ricky. Taking Harry to Motel.' I got in the car and drove us to a Motel 6. We were silent the whole way.

When we got in the room I sat at the edge of the bed waiting for Harry to stop pacing. "Are you okay?" I finally asked.

He nodded. "As stupid as it is I'm just mad that you kissed him." I choked on a laugh.

"Harry, you are something else. You know I love you, I didn't know what else to do." He glanced at me.

"I love you too." He sat down next to me. "Do what are we going to do now?" He stroked the back of my hand.

"They might decide to kill you or worse they'll try to recruit you and if that doesn't work out then they'll kill you." I tried to keep the emotions ot of my voice.

"Well if this is my last night I'm glad we are alone." He said morbidly. I went on my knees and made him look at me.

"This is not your last night Harry. I told you I'd burn the whole place down before I let them kill you." He nodded his head in my hands. "Now let me get out of these blood stain clothes, Collin will probably drop some more off tomorrow morning." He nodded and I walked into the bathroom. I stripped to my black laced bra and underwear and shrugged. Not like he hasn't seen it all before. I walked out to find him staring at a photo. I walked slightly behind him to see it was the photo of me and my parents.

"Roxy? Why do you have this photo?" He asked cautiously.

"Those are suppose to be my parents. Mark.... Mark gave it to me as a birthday present." He stood up quickly and started pacing, again.

"How didn't I figure it out?" He ran his hand through his hair. "Same birthday, same hair and eye color. Wait!" He turned towards me. "These can't be your parents." I frowned feeling slightly angry at his relieved look. "You don't have the mark."

"What mark?" I asked.

"Roxy these are my parents bosses. They've been looking for their daughter for ages. If you were their child you'd have a birthmark on your hip." He said as a matter of fact. I went to my jeans and pulled out a small clear vial and poured it on my hip. It sizzled for a second before it showed what was hiding behind the agencies special makeup. A birthmark the shape of a crown. He looked at it wide eyed. "Fuck, they are going to kill me." He said before landing on the bed next to me.

"No ones going to kill you." I repeated.

" Except your agency maybe." He argued.

"So who are they?" I asked.

"Roxy, your royalty." I stared at him unconvienced.

"I can't be royalty. They only take kids who have no parents or parents are criminals."

"You also said you weren't allowed to look up your parents and they only take boys. Peter said he and Kitty were the ones who took you in. Maybe he knows why?" He asked.

I went quiet and laid next to him letting my mind wander over everything that has happened. "Well let's save your life first before we worry about all of this." I said finally.