7

LEO

It was not that hard to get to the demon realm. But in this damn place and my pathetic state, it took quite some time. Staying in Eligos' place was bad, and half of my power would have been lost if I stayed for any longer.

Eventually, I felt enormous power within me. There was only one thing that could explain this. The demon realm was near.

When I stepped into the demon realm, I was taken aback. The demon realm was a wreck! It had always been a wreck but this was more sinister.

All the weaker demons were lying on the ground, dying. It was like a battlefield and the demons were on the losing side. They were screeching, as if their powers and lives were drained out.

Demons couldn't die easily. Unless the person was as strong as Ardreth or Percival. But both of them had died. The only one who was capable of doing this was Eligos.

As I was looking at the demons' bodies, something flew towards me. Skinny as hell and the hollow wings of it, it was Melenoch. He was in charge of guarding the land where Calamity resided.

The demon realm was vast, and it consisted of five different lands. Each of it had several stronger demons guarding it. But in the land where Calamity resided, resided the demon lord Astrelham too. There were about twenty stronger demons guarding it.

"Melenoch. What happened here?" I asked him as the winged creature neared me.

"Eligos." He spoke. "Came and destroyed the weaker and stronger demons in all five lands."

"And?"

"Give me the half-demon for more information." He grinned. He had been longing for Mirabella's power when he knew that Calamity had a child with the strongest mortal of one of the greatest lineage. All demons had been hunting Mirabella and it was my duty to guard her.

Without hesitation, I grabbed Melenoch and smacked him against the ground. I tightened my grip on his neck. "Don't mess with me."

"Okay, okay. I'll tell ya!" He pleaded, coughing blood. I released the grip, knowing that he wouldn't mess with me anymore.

"Getting softer, aren't ya? Don't tell me you fell for the half-demon." He said, his voice was raspy.

"Don't change the topic."

"Eligos was forcing Calamity for her power. She is in danger."

I didn't need to hear the rest of it. I flew straight to the land where she resided. What Melenoch said about Mirabella lingered inside my head all the time.

Maybe he was right. Maybe I fell for her.
-------------------------------------------------------------
The land where Calamity resided was different than the rest. Five towers were built at the center of the ruins. Each of them was for a demon, and the highest tower belonged to Astrelham.

Without thinking much, I went to Calamity's tower. And in there, the demoness was lying unconscious on the floor.

"Calamity!"

Her eyes flickered open when I shouted her name. Her eyes searched around and when they landed on me, her eyes widened a bit.

"Leonard..."

"Stop. You're hurt." I said. She was wounded. I neared her. Her body was weak. I put her on her bed and tried to heal her, but she stopped me.

"No. Leave me be. Find Mirabella. Eligos has a bit of my power and he will after Mirabella." She pleaded.

"But--"

"Go! He will be here soon."

Then I heard footsteps outside the room. I looked down at her. She nodded, asking me to go.

"I hate it when you plead like that." I growled and she just smiled a weak smile.

I left and went to the mortal world to find Mirabella.