16

LEO

I had try countless of times to get out of the monster's grip, but it wouldn't let me escape. It only tightened its grip. I tried kicking the its legs and the only thing it did was letting out a low growl.

"I'll brutally kill you if you try any more tricks."

For a moment, I froze. Didn't think that it actually came straight out of the monster's mouth.

"You talk." I mindlessly said, which earned me a louder growl from it.

"You better--"

I was cut off by the sound of something metal being lifted up from the ground. I turned to Mirabella and Eligos. Eligos was clutching the Annihilation and he was going to strike Mirabella.

That bastard was trying to finish off Mirabella with her own sword!

"Mirabella!" I shouted her name, trying to warn her. She tried to avoid it but it was too late.

Her wings were gone.

For winged demons, the wings were the most important thing to them. It was their sources of power. If they were destroyed, they were weakened. It was what Calamity told me long time ago.

Mirabella fell down to the ground. Pain flashed on her face. She struggled to stand up, but as her source of power was gone, all her struggles were futile. Eligos, however, was amused by that and let out a wicked laughed.

"This is what you get for messing with me." He sneered, placing the sword at her neck. "I always win. No matter what."

Mirabella growled and did what I didn't expect. She struck the sword with her elemental power, causing the sword to be thrown away from Eligos' grip. The sword flew to the other side of the room and with a loud crack, it was now broken.

"Pity. Now you have to kill me, fleabag." She said, smirking weakly.

This is bad. I thought. As far as I could remember, no one was capable of making Eligos this mad before. From the look on his face, he wouldn't just kill her. He would torture her, made sure that she would feel the pain, and killed her slowly. I kicked and punched the monster with all my demon power until it fell down. I went straight to Mirabella when I saw she was being kicked by Eligos. Calamity was screaming for Eligos to stop but he kept doing it. Blood was coming out from Mirabella's mouth nonstop.

That sight of Mirabella being kicked was enough to make my blood boiled. I lunged at Eligos and smashed his head on the ground a few times. "Hitting a lady, eh? What a low-life prick." I continued to smash his head. When I saw him with no energy left to fight, I went to where Mirabella was lying unconscious.

"Mirabella." I lifted her up. "Mirabella, you're going to be alright." I laid her down gently on performed my healing magic on her. Calamity was crying her eyes out as she embraced her.

I caressed her smooth skin. I couldn't bare to see her like this--

"Ah, Eligos. There you are!" Someone spoke up, making me startled a bit. The pale, tall and muscular figure stood in front of Eligos while he looked down on him. He was smiling widely, as if he was enjoying looking at the wounded Eligos.

Merciless.

"You--" Eligos began but was cut stop.

"Thanks to them, I can do my job easily." He said.

He just stared into Eligos' eyes and Eligos was dead. That was his remarkable power. As expected of him. He then looked at me with his black all-over eyes, as if he just noticed my presence. I could feel Calamity tensed beside me, but it was not uncommon as it happened to every demon every time he showed up.

"Leonard. How great to see you here." He grinned at me.

I exhaled. "Hi there, father."