4

MAVEN

They looked at me with disbelief and shock in their eyes. Their jaws dropped and it was an awkward silence. Then Cristinia shrieked. The others were making noises except Verrona. She seemed to be thinking of something. I could hear some of the words they said. Absurd. We're doomed. We're going to die.

"What are we going to do? Without magic, we can do nothing!" Cristinia said. Her dramatic character took over.

"Calm down, kids." Verrona said, as she was done thinking. It was a little weird when she addressed us as kids despite her appearance. "There's only one who can help when it comes to this situation."

"Well, who is it? I really need my magic!" Cristinia said, impatiently. "I really am going to die without my magic!"

I rolled my eyes them. Bullshit.

"We're off to Rothilion's."
----------------------------------
"I'm busy."

Rothilion was writing something on one of the scrolls when we got there. He seemed to anticipate our arrival as he didn't even lift his head to look at us.

"I know that you're busy but this is important." Verrona pleaded.

"What is more important than these?" He showed the scrolls to Verrona. Lawrence, Jerry and I were trying to take a look at the scrolls before Rothilion snatched it back. But it didn't go well.

The house was full with scrolls as usual and he didn't even bother to clean the mess. I didn't even know why Rothilion was so obsessed with his research and I didn't plan to know it. The five of us stayed quiet, didn't dare to interrupt their little fight. It was awkward to see two elves argued like they were still young, despite their real age.

"It's about Mirabella's power." Verrona said finally.

Rothilion froze. Then he looked at me with a concerned look. Both of them shared the same look; as if they were not expecting the moment.

"What's about it?" Rothilion asked, didn't take his eyes off me.

"It has happened."

"This is bad." Rothilion said, leaving me to wonder about it. "Did you remember anything?"

I shook my head. "What has happened? And what's so bad about it?"

"Well, it was bad since you accidentally stole our powers." Lawrence interrupted, which earned him a glare from me. Cristinia hit his arm slightly and told him to shut up.

"I am afraid of that." Rothilion said.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of you having your demon power awakened. I never thought it will be this bad." He let out a shaky breath. "The seal is weakened. No. It is broken."

"What seal?" I frowned, afraid of the answer, while the others were waiting for it.

"The seal made by Leo."