2

MAVEN

Bloodthirsty? What did he mean by that? They were all agreed with Jerry. I bit my lower lip. I really didn't want to believe any of this. I wanted to run away from here. From the reality. Maybe it was better than this. I was about to stand up when Lawrence seized my arms.

"Don't you dare run away from us. Haven't I told you? We could help you and we will. It is not wrong to rely on other people once a while. You could depend on us." He snapped at me. He was never like this; care about other people other than himself. His face softened. He was actually a handsome guy.

"There. He said it." Jerry said.

They all smiled at me. The way they smiled at me, it was like the way they looked at a small puppy. I never felt so weak. My knees sank onto the ground.

"Why? Why are you so nice to me? I'm part demon. I stole your power! I―"

"Maven!" Cristinia grabbed my shoulders and shook it gently. "Get a hold of yourself. Where is the brave, tough and adventurous girl I knew? You're not like this, Maven."

Thanks to Cristinia, I regained my sanity. I silenced. Their words were lingering inside my head.

Where is the brave, tough and adventurous girl I knew?

You are not like this, Maven.

We could help you and we will.

You are strong.

We know that you are part demon.

You could depend on us.

You are strong.

They were right. I shouldn't be acting like this. So stupid of me, thinking that becoming a bloodthirsty bastard would be a hindrance. I should be getting ready to go to the demon realm.

"You are right. I should be more confident of myself." I said, getting up.

"That's more like it." Verrona said, dusting off her clothes. "If you want to go to the demon realm, you should know how to use your power at your own will."

"And to do that," Lawrence said, "you first need to return our power back. Except for Verrona, because you're already unconscious before you get to steal her power."

"Err... about that." I smiled a nervous smile. "I don't know how."