Chapter 27 - Reasonable

I hate myself for not updating sooner :( but here you go, enjoy!

Every single god was glaring at Percy now. I shook my head at their action. "I do want a gift though. Do you promise to grant my wish?" Percy said. I looked at him curiously, I didn't know what he was going to ask but...I had a good feeling about it. Jupiter thought about this for a couple of moments before saying, "if it is within our power". I rolled my eyes at that, expected that kind of answer from him. "It is. And it's not even difficult. But I need your promise on the River Styx", my brother continued. "What? You don't trust us?" Baccus accused. Percy answered, "Someone once told me. You should always get a solemn oath", looking at Pluto. "Guilty", Pluto shrugged. Urgg, I can't believe I'm gonna work for this guy.

"Very well! In the name of the council, including the High Priestess, we swear by the River Styx to grant you reasonable request as long as it is within our power", Jupiter growled. Me and the rest of the council muttered assent. Then the room shoke with thunder, I couldn't help but wince slightly.

"From now on, I want you to properly recognize the children of the gods. All of the children..of all the gods", Percy exclaimed. I grinned at his...reasonable request. However, everyone else looked uncomfortable. "Percy, what exactly do you mean?" Neptune asked, I turned my attention to him then. Percy replied, "Kronos couldn't have risen if it hadn't been for a lot of demigods who felt abandoned by their parents". I nodded and spoke up, "they obviously felt angry, resentful...unloved", I stared at Venus, my so-called-mother as I talked. I turned back to see Jupiter's unhappy face, "you dare accuse-" he started but got interupted by my brother who said, "no more undetermined children. I want you to promise to claim your children...all of your demigod children...by the time they turn 13. They won't be left in the world on their own at the mercy of monsters. I want them claimed and brought to camp, Greek or Roman, so they can be trained right, and survive".

"Now just a moment", Apollo said but I sent him a look that said 'not now'. "And the minor gods. Nemesis, Hecate, Morpheus, Janus, Hebe...they all deserve a general amnesty and a place at a camp. Their children shouldn't be ignored. Calypso and the other peaceful Titan-kind should be pardoned too. And Hades-" Percy said but was interupted by a rather angry Pluto. "Are you calling me a minor god?" he yelled. I groaned, damn his pride. "I don't think he meant that...my Lord", I intervened. Percy shot me a gratful look which I smiled to.  "Your children should not be left out. They should have a cabin at camp. Nico has proven that. No unclaimed demigods will be crammed into the Hermes cabin any more, wondering who their parents are. They'll have their own cabins, for all the gods. And no more pact of the Big Three. That didn't work anyway. You've got to stop trying to get rid of powerful demigods. We're going to train them and accept them instead. All children of the gods will be welcomed and treated with respect. That is my wish", Percy said finishing off his speech.

"Is that all?" Jupiter asked. I saw my dad and he looked troubled. "Percy, you ask much and presume much", my dad said. That was my cue. I didn't bother to keep sitting, I stood up and said, "I have to disagree with you father. What my brother is asking...on behalf of all the demigods in the world...is not too much. I don't understand how you could even question it. I was one of them demigods, you guys denied me my right as a child. You sent me away, I was raised by Eva... I am not saying that I regret not knowing her...she is my mother and I love her. But before you claimed me...I was alone, even my mother's company wasn't enough. And when you finally claimed me, it was after I had fought off some monsters, with no training what so ever. I remember how it felt, no demigod should ever feel that...loneliness. So, I will ask you to think again about your reasons for questioning", I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"My child, you know how bad we feel for doing that to you. I thought you had moved on from the past", my dad sighed, frowning. I rubbed my temples and muttered, "you can't easily forget something like that father". Then after pausing, I said, "we've sweared on the River Styx". Minerva was the one to break the awkward silence, she said, "they are correct. We have been unwise to ignore our children. It proved s strategic weakness in this war and almost caused our destruction. Percy Jackson...I have had my doubts about you, but perhaps...perhaps I was mistaken. I move that we accept the boy's plan. Arya's input was also...reasonable".

Jupiter grunted and said, "being told what to do by a mere child. I suppose...". "All in favour", Hermes said. I raised my hand along with everybody else. "Umm, thanks", Percy said, a little shaky. He turned to leave but then dad called out, "honour guard!". Instandly, the Cyclops came and made two lines from the thrones to the door, like an aisle. "All hail, Perseus Jackson. Hero of Olympus and my brother!" I announced.

Soo, how was it? I know it's short but I still hope you liked it :3

I'll need 10 votes, comments and 100 reads to update again, so do your thing :)

comment....vote...fan...love it or hate it

~Addie~