Chapter 8 - Bus trip

It was going to be a long ride on the bus. We talked and talked for ages, Leo would crack up a joke, and we would all laugh. He is funny, smart, hot...the list can go on and on. I just can't keep my emotions in place when I'm near him. Every time our arms would brush past each other I would get this tingly feeling, and my cheeks would redden, god it was annoying.

I think Leo also had...feelings for me because both of us would get super embarrassed in front of each other, and the way he looks at me was just heart warming. I remember that he also got into a fight for me, this boy.. mortal of course was annoying me and I told him to get lost and stuff but he was having none of it. Anyway, he kind of forced me to kiss him, which I was pretty pissed off about and the mortal got all cocky. Leo's face like flashed red and he punched him right in the jaw, the mortal tried to hit him but wasn't good enough.

Back to reality now, the time was now 9. I sighed most of the people on the bus was dowsing off, Josh was practically snoring. Me and Leo were pissing ourselves when Leo chucked something at him and even when it hit his face, he was still snoring. We tried to muffle our laughs but it was useless, Piper kicked my seat telling me to shut up as well which made us laugh harder.

I didn't know that she was asleep honest. Jason was listening to music or something, but I knew that he was thinking about something. I felt bad for him, he was probably thinking about his sister, he was separated from her when he was young and he doesn't know where she is. I don't remember her name but I hate to see Jason looking all miserable.

I decided to leave him be, so me and Leo were having to competition to see who can wake Josh up by throwing things at him. I know that is it really immature, but we are still kids we need a little fun once in a while especially me, with the whole high priestess thing. I miss having the freedom to do stupid things without someone commenting on it, someone as in a God.

I threw a random banana at Josh and it hit him right on the nose. ''Bull's eye'' I grinned and Leo laughed and pulled me back onto his lap, just as Josh sat up looking around him. I was trying not to laugh but I wasn't doing a great job at it, so Leo put his hand over my mouth. He was still wearing that smile of his on his lips, then we...kind of had a moment....

We were staring into each other’s eyes and I was feeling all warm inside. I swear I saw stars in his eyes, which made my heart skip a beat. I tried to look away but it seemed like if we were in a trance, none of us could move.

He slid his hand down to my waist and held it there, I didn't realise that he was leaning in. OhMyGosh he was leaning in... what the hell do I do? Do I kiss him back, or do I just pretend like nothing was happening? What if I kiss him and things turn out seriously awkward between us? Oh God what do I do?!

Just when there was no more than 5 inches between us, the driver pulled the sudden break waking everyone up and throwing them to the back of the seat that was in front of them. I sighed in relief, but a part of me was angry that the drive had ruined the moment.

''Whoa'' I said as I was waiting for the impact. I didn't feel a thing, then I saw that Leo had pulled me back by my waist just before I could hit the back of the seat. He had the cheeky glint in his eyes as well as...waits what? there was also passion in it as well.

I felt my sides do all warm and fuzzy again, he gently sat me back on my seat ''aren't you gonna thank me?'' he said with awe and a little bit of sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes ''thank you'' I said putting a baby voice on, he laughed and sighed. I only noticed then that he was still holding my waist, I was smiling like an idiot inside.

I stretched and shouted ''drive are you ok?'', I didn't hear an answer so I got up and started to walk down to him. I saw Jason, Piper, and Leo looking at me with confusion, and Josh who was unbelievably still asleep. Wow heavy sleeper does not cut him.

''Drive?'' I said

and this time he looked up and said ''there was something on the road, like some kind of animal or something’’,

I shrugged and said ''oh that's fine''. There was a satyr on the bus as well, you know he is like the adult. A satyr is half man and half goat, his name was Collin. He wore fake feet and a hat to hide his furry legs and hooves as well as his horns.

''How are you doing Collin?'' I asked politely,

he somewhat bowed and said well more like bleated ''I-I'm ok, how’s the b-back of the b-bus? I-Is anyone hungry o-or something?''. I shook my head and smiled, I turned to walk away, but he still bowed.

I talked to a few campers on my way back, there were all excited as well as nervous....,but I saw that they were also scared. I'd hate myself if anyone dies on this mission. I jumped back onto my seat and Leo said ''are you sleepy?''

I shook my head and lied ''nope'' popping the p.

He shook his head and said ''you're lying'' damn it, he can totally see through me.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, I was exhausted. I sighed and tried to get comfortable, but failed. Leo chuckled and patted his shoulder, I smiled and rested my head and neck on his shoulder. He let out a deep breath and tried to sleep as well.

I slept like that for about 10 or 15 minutes but then my neck started to cramp. I groaned and sat up, Leo's eyes fluttered open and then he put his hand around my back and he let me sleep on his lap. I fell asleep quite quickly, I was in the arms of Leo...,and I always want to be too.