Chapter 5 - Breakfast

I got up and chucked some clothes on. I honestly didn't care how I looked. I was feeling stiff this morning and a little achy, but I don't know how but I just was. At least today, Josh would be here along with almost all of the campers that had not arrived. You see I can trust Josh, and he can trust me. He is my best friend and he is like my beta....like second in command. If I had to tell anyone about the situation up in Olympus, it would be him.

I heard the breakfast horn bellow outside, I sighed and muttered ''Line up, single file on the left'' of course there is just me in Neptune's cabin, but it was the rules after all. If you ask me, loneliness is the worst curse there is, no one to talk to, and no one to help you, and just no one else's presence other than from your own. I heard that it could drive you insane, I am quite sure that I was already half way.

I strode out my cabin and waited, there is an order to follow. First, it is Jupiter cabin, then Juno, then Neptune and so on so forth. When Jason left it was my turn, there is no one in Juno cabin. I followed behind him and went to my table. There are 12 tables in total, and that's right each of them represents a God.

I grunted as I sat down, and I saw Jason looking in my direction. I gave him an, I'm-alright- smile but he didn't look convinced, but I just ignored him then. There was a lot of stress inside me and I didn't want to take it out on anyone. Soon everyone was at their tables and Mr G was in front of us standing next to the other staff.

I plastered on a fake smile because everyone would be looking at me. Then right on cue Mr G bowed, then the rest of the staff. ''Raise'' I said and they did, I turned to look at my fellow campers and they bowed too, I smiled ''Raise'' and with that, I sat down followed by everyone else.

I huffed and searched for Josh, he should have been here by now. I shrugged and started ordering my food. It is a cool system, all you have to do is say what you want, and it would appear I don't know how but I'm guessing it's magic. I had pancakes with fresh fruits and cream, it was a pleasure in my mouth. Along with that, I ordered coffee.

I drank my coffee slowly, licking the foam first. I could feel a few eyes burning holes in my face, I decided to ignore them and continue drinking like a sad loner. Once everyone had finished, they left to do the normal camp activities. I stayed behind and caught up with Mr G. ''Hey, have you got any more information about the situation?'' I asked once the other staff left, he nodded with a tight face and said ''Come to my office''. I bobbed my head and followed him.

''Anything new since yesterday?'' I asked quietly once we were inside,

he nodded his head grimly and said ''Yes, Typhon is making his way to Olympus and the Gods are doing everything they can to stop him''.

''So they are battling him now?'' I sighed

"Yes".

I sat down and after a moment, I said ''What about Kronos?'',

The minute I mentioned his name Mr G's face darkened. ''He is gathering an army of monsters and demi-gods, he has a new host, and I think his name is-''

I interrupted him ''Luke Castellan?'' I guessed.

He looked at me surprised and said ''Yes, son of Mercy''

I groaned and said ''The Gods talked about him once, and Mercy told me about him personally''.

''What more do you know of him?'' Mr G asked leaning in slightly,

I shrugged and said ''Umm he is a good fighter, he went to the same camp as the Greeks err Camp Half Blood that's it. He betrayed them and attacked them a whole lot of times, but they fought back.'' I scratched my brain for something else ''oh yeah he has had a strained, and difficult childhood and he hates Mercy's guts'' I finished.

Mr G sighed ''He is blinded by hatred and anger'' he whispered.

I felt sorry for him, he felt guilty because they are half brothers. ''Hey it's not anyone's fault'' I said trying to reassure him, he nodded and huffed.

I gasped as I remembered something about Luke, I let out a moan, and he looked at me with curiosity. I took a deep breath and said ''Luke also bears the curse of Achilles'' in case you don't know what that means. It means that he bathed in the River Styx and in doing so became kind of invulnerable except for a spot that he chooses. That is his Achilles heel, that is where his mortality is, the only way to kill him is to stab this place, but it could be practically be anywhere on his body.

Mr G let out a stress huff, and ran his hand through his hair. Clearly showing his frustration. ''Look, we are running out of time, if we are gonna help the Greeks we need to head to New York by tomorrow, it's a state away'' he said quietly. I stared at him in disbelief for a second before controlling my expression.

''I have to tell them today'' I muttered my voice shaking a bit. I am not that confident when talking to a large group, butterflies flutter in my stomach, my hand starts to sweat like crazy and my head starts to whirl around.. you know the classic behaviour when your extremely nervous.

Mr G shook his head and said ''No don't worry, I'll be there too''

I smiled and said ''Ok, thanks, I'll do it lunch time''

he smiled in response and said ''There is no need to be scared Arya'' I sighed and got up ready to go out. He bowed and I walked out into the easy and calm atmosphere.