Chapter 14 - Flying Pigs

I lifted my head up and my heart almost stopped. It was a sow. A sow is a lady pig with a flamingo's wings, I heard a lot of stories about them and let me tell you something...all of them, and I do mean all of them...end in tragedy. ''It's a sow, take cover!'' I cried, everybody scattered as the flying pig of fear dived down and almost swashed a Greek who was in Athena cabin.

''REET!’’ it squealed and took off again, after flattening some trees and breathing out clouds. Percy was talking to Annabeth; I bet she was giving him a lecture on sows. I took out my sword and ran to their sides, the enemy was still frozen with shock, but I knew that they would soon figure out that they were not the ones it was after.

Our troops were still in shock and every time the pig belched, more and more of the nature spirits would retreat back to their trees. ''That pig has to go; I'll take care of it. You guys hold the rest of the enemy. Push them back!'' Percy said as he got a grappling hook from another Greek.

''But Percy what if we can't?'' Grover said with fear in his voice.

Grover and Annabeth looked pretty drained and I don't even know about the hunters. ''We will, I'll stay with you guys while Percy slice that pork'' I said stepping in; they considered that idea and decided that it was ok.

''Retreat if you need to...just slow them down. I'll be back as soon as I can'' Percy said, and then he swung the hook and threw it at the sow when it was close enough. He then pulled on it and the flying pig squealed in anger and soared away with Percy.

''Alright, let's get back on track'' I yelled and the demi-gods followed my lead and into battle again. The numbers of enemies were huge, but the Greeks and the Romans were doing a good job of fighting. Annabeth was fighting beside me because of her injured arm; we defended each other’s backs.

I swung my sword at a dracaenae's head and it was cut of beautifully. I heard Annabeth gross out and say ''I thought that your mum was Venus, how can you love fighting so much?'',

I shrugged and shot an arrow at a giant before saying ''I got it from my dad, and I love it...it's a balance I think''.

I tried not to summon any blessings since it weakens me; instead, I used my 'Daughter of Neptune' thing. I created earthquakes just for the monsters so that no demi-god would be injured, and I created a small yet deadly hurricane and put it directly on a giant. It was trapped by the strong winds and some of the Minerva crew finished it off.

However, the enemy army never seemed to get smaller, I soon began to tire, and I know that the others were too. Soon they were pushing us back, no matter how hard I tried...we were losing ground fast. Percy needs to come and help us that is the only way. If we combine our powers, we will be stronger.

After about 10 or 15 minutes of fighting, I started to feel a little strange. I ignored it at first but then it transformed into this incredible pain. What is happening? I thought desperately. It was as if if my blood was being boiled under a fire slowly, I screamed out in pain and dropped my weapons and fell down...oh gods.

Annabeth looked in my direction and said ''Arya what's wrong?''. A massive headache ignited it my head and I howled in pain. She ran to my side and tried to help me up, but there were too many monsters in the way. Two of her siblings helped her to defeat them and she rushed to me.

''What is happening?'' she cried,

but I couldn't answer her. ''OH NO, NOT NOW!'' I screamed between gasps of air. Every now and then, I would get this...pain. I am not sure why exactly but dad told me that it was because I was overusing my power. My body is still mortal and apparently, you would have to be immortal to summon the blessings.

I am the only one in existence that can summon blessings from the 12 Olympians, and yet still be mortal. Sometimes the immortality overpowers me, like what is happening now. It is incinerating my body from the inside. The pain is unbearable, it had only happened one time before and my dad was there to help me get through it.

Annabeth managed to drag me to my feet and pull me away from the main area. She kept shouting my name but I could barely hear her because my ears were ringing. ''Go, I'll be ok. Help them take down that giant.'' I whispered, pointing at a Hyperborean giant, she hesitated before she went.

I concentrated on my humanity; it was like if there was an epic battle going on inside of me. I tried to think of everything human, like my mortal mum and how much I love her and things like that. It was only after about 5 minutes later, when the pain began to fade. I was rejoicing inside like crazy, and soon I was able to get up.

I was staggering slightly, and my body was throbbing but at least the vicious pain was gone. I know that summoning a blessing is the last thing that I should have done...but I needed Apollo's help to recover my strength.

As soon as I was all charged up, I stretched out my palms and my weapons flew back to me. I killed about 9 monsters as I made my way over to help Annabeth with the stupid giant.

That is when I saw my brother sliding down the giant’s face, like if he was on a slide. Annabeth got its attention by yelling ''hey ugly'', then Percy stabbed the back of its leg and it literally froze like a statue before shattering into millions of blue glitter.

I reached them by that time and asked Percy ''what about the flying pig?'',

he grinned and said ''pork chops''. I clapped him on the shoulder, and Annabeth shifted uncomfortably the cut must be bothering her.

''I'm fine. Come on we've got plenty of enemies left.'' I told them about why I was on the ground withering in pain, and they were shocked and interested at the same time. We headed back into the battle and I was wondering if we could ever defeat the army alone.