Chapter 30: Shrines

A/N the *shrine* is an inside joke between @lothcatwillow88 and @builtonhope so please ignore 😂😂

Ezra had awoken.

Seeing Sabine in a coma, he made a little...shrine around her medical bed.

It had been about a week and Mira was *trying* to see her mother.

She cautiously opened the medic bay door to find it dark.

Candles were lit, scribbled writings on the wall, and Ezra very creepily playing with her hair.

"Ummmmm...Dad?" Mira asked, very concerned for his sanity (and her innocent mind)

"Yes Mira?" He asked, still petting Sabines hair.

"I don't think you're okay." She said, with wide eyes.

"What do you mean I'm fine Mira." Ezra said, very unconvincingly.

"Look if I can force heal mom and wake her up now, will you stop petting her?" Mira asked, desperate.

"I suppose." Ezra said without looking up.

Mira sighed and walked toward Sabine, being careful to step around all the candles.

Zak watched from the doorway. He was not going into this shrine.

Mira placed her hands over her mothers' body, trying not to look at the love notes around her, and began healing.

Suddenly Sabine began to cough, and Ezra basically pounced to help her up.

"I'm...I'm alive." She said, amazed that she survived it.

"You...were willing to sacrifice yourself for me. I...I love you Sabine." Ezra said, hugging her tightly.

She smiled, but then kinda frowned when she saw she was in a dark room, surrounded by candles and love letters.

She gently pushed Ezra away.

"Ummm...sweetie....what's going on here?" She asked, gesturing to everything around her.

"Well I was worried about you...and kinda made a shrine, my sweet." He said, very cheesy like.

"O.....Kay" she replied, a little disturbed.

Okay no really disturbed.

She sat up gently and hugged Mira, her beautiful daughter that had just saved her.

"Mom...I'm sorry. It was all my fault that you, Dad, and Zak almost died. I couldn't ever live without any of you. I'm sorry." Mira whispered, crying again.

Sabine looked down upon her daughter, really trying to ignore the lit candles around them, and smiled softly.

"Without you, none of us would be alive. I love you Mira. We all do."

And with that they hugged, Ezra and Zak smiling at them.

Some creepy sabezra shrine and some sweet mother-daughter moments. Next chapter...heh....Zira 😏