Chapter 27: Loss and Gain

Mira felt everything stop.

She was only 16 and both of her parents were dead.

She cried softly over their bodies.

And then she heard a voice calling from the Ghost.

"Mira?" She heard Sabine call her.

Mira turned around and saw nothing, but once more heard her mother call "Mira?"

Mira frantically stood up and looked around.

"Mom? Mom? MOM?" She yelled.

And then she woke up in her bedroom, panting and saw both her parents, and Zak, standing over her, concerned.

"What? You're both alive? What happened?" Mira asked, confused as ever.

"We were walking back to the ship and you fainted....I...I carried you back. You've been out for a couple hours." Zak explained.

"I had a dream....that you both died." Mira said, holding back tears.

Ezra and Sabine looked worried as they glanced at one another.

"Tell us everything" Ezra asked, seriously.

And Mira did. She explained every horrid detail and described how real it was. She still couldn't believe it had been a dream (although she was glad that it was.)

"This is definitely troubling." Sabine said, shaking her head "We'll have to be on the lookout. For now let's get you something to eat. You must be hungry."

Mira nodded and they walked to the kitchen

Meanwhile, on a small imperial ship, not to far away, stood Presumed dead, Agent Kallus, staring out into the vastness of space.

"They may have thought me to be a hero, that died a noble death, but they have no idea what's coming."

He smirked.

"The return of Zoth will soon arrive."

Dun. Dun. Dun.

Well that was emotional torment didn't I say? You guys thought I killed sabezra mwhaahahah 😏 that was hilarious tbh. I did cry writing it all though. And hey. Look who's alive!

Let's just say things are gonna move fast starting now.