Chapter 22: Till death do us part

The second the ship left the star destroyer, the crew was already planning a rescue mission.

Mira was so worried about her dad, although Reybel was cheering her up by sharing her apple juice.

"And once I make the explosion, Reybel, Mira, Kanan, and Hera will go get Ezra." Sabine stated, finishing up the plan.

"I say we go for it." Hera said, charging her blaster.

"Now that I can see again I say this plan will work." Kanan said, actually being reassuring for once.

What Kanan didn't tell them, was that he suspected something was about to go horribly wrong.

Ezra paced back and forth in his cell.
It was Jedi resistant. No way he was getting out of this himself.

Reybel suited herself up with a large scary looking blaster.

That she had filled with apple juice.

Mira had her lightsaber and blaster all ready (Reybel loaded her blaster with apple juice too.)

Now it was time to rescue Ezra.

They boarded the Star Destroyer and Sabine set off the explosives.

Chopper stayed with the Ghost while the others ran to find Ezra.

Reybel and Mira shot apple juice at the troopers, as Kanan and Hera ran to free Ezra.

They had just reached his cell when everything went wrong.

An inquisitor had a lightsaber at Ezra's neck.

He threw Ezra back, and lunged to attack Reybel and Mira, who proceeded to shoot apple juice.

It didn't work.

Reybel and Mira tried to force push but they weren't prepared and he was much stronger.

They screamed and shielded themselves with their hands as the red blade came closer.

Then Ezra screamed as he leapt to protect them both.

Kanan saw the blade, inches from Ezra's neck, and got in between them.

And the blade hit his heart.

Hera screamed and shot the inquisitor, and he fell gasping.

She ran to Kanans side.

"K-Kanan!" She choked out, through tears.

"I'm....I'm alright. Just get the o-others out of here....o-okay? I....I....I lo....." and then he went limp in her arms.

Mira and Reybel were shocked beyond words and had tears in their eyes.

Ezra didn't know what to do, except cry as he saw his mentor, laying there so cold.

And just when things couldn't be worse...

The inquisitor, still injured, sat up and stabbed Hera.

Ezra screamed and grabbed the blaster laying on the floor, and killed the inquisitor.

Hera, was breathing shallowly, next to Kanans limp body.

"M-Mira can you force heal?" Ezra asked, through tears.

"I....I'm only skilled for small injuries! I....I can't do this!" She said, sobbing.

Reybel was at a loss of what to do.

Hera looked up and weekly smiled.

"....Tell.....tell Sabine she can have the Ghost. S..she'll take care of it.....I....I love you all....m....may the force......" and then she fell limp next to Kanan.

No.

That's the only thing that ran through the minds of Reybel, Mira and Ezra.

They had just lost two members of their crew.

Their space parents.

Gone.

Through tears they carried their bodies back to the ship, where Sabine was waiting with Chop and Zak.

They all gasped when they saw, and Sabine broke down in tears.

Zak ran to comfort Mira who could hardly speak.

"W...we need to get out of here." Ezra said, comforting Sabine.

She nodded weekly and hugged Ezra one last time before she ran and got the ship out of there.

They had rescued Ezra but...

They had lost family.

Don't kill me.....I had this planned out actually. I've been low key planning it for awhile whoops.... But I mean....kanera is dead. I killed it. I'm sorry 😭😭😭