Chapter 14: Run Mira Run!

Mira and Zak were gathering the supplies from various venders.

As they were grabbing some meliruns (I don't even know...don't judge the spelling 😂) their hands touched briefly and they each felt a spark.

Who would've thought Mira would start dating so young?

Everything was going fine.

And of course that's when everything went wrong.

A bomb fell from a tie fighter. It hit so fast no one saw it coming.

Mira and Zak fell to the ground coughing, and then gasped as they saw a star destroyer coming in through the smoke.

"T-They came back for me!" Mira said, coughing. "I've endangered you!"

"That's what I'm here for! To protect you! Just run. Run Mira run!" Zak yelled as they stood up.

He grabbed her hand and started running through the smoke. Troopers started firing and he shot back as he led Mira through the narrow alleyways.

They hit a dead end.

The wall had an opening up top...but it was too high to climb.

Zak set his bag down and opened it, pulling out a rope and a hook.

"You can use this to climb out and get away." He said, setting it up and starting to tie the rope around her waist.

Mira pushed him away gently "And what about you? I'm not going anywhere unless you're coming with me." She said, crossing her arms.

"My job is to protect you. I can't let anything happen to you Mira, I-" he paused, blushing.

"I...really...like.....y-" He stared to say before a trooper ran up and hit him, making him fall.

"ZAK!" Mira cried.

"Go Mira! Hurry!" He said, tears forming in his eyes.

She turned away and the trooper pointed his gun at Zak "Run and he dies."

Mira stopped.

She looked at him and couldn't leave.

"I....I surrender. Just please...don't hurt him." Mira said, in defeat, handing over her training lightsaber, and blaster.

Zak whispered "Why did you do that?"

She only said "because I....well....I like yo-" and then they were both stunned and taken onto the star destroyer.

They had not seen the last of Zoth....

No comment. Just read. Stay tune. Drama. Feels. Romance.