First Time

Adrienne’s POV

The sun poured in through my window blinds as my brother ran around screaming his head off, I sat up with a sigh and grabbed him as he ran past me. He wiggled in my arms and continued to scream so I shhed him and after a while he calmed down, I looked at the time to see that I was late getting up. 

“Crap, go get ready for school now. I’m late,” I rushed him out of my room and threw open my closet. 

Inside nothing just jumped out at me and the temperature was suppose to be low today so I pulled out a pair of black sweats and a light blue tank top. After getting dressed I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my phone and some lunch money. I ran out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen where my backpack was and my mom.

“Good morning honey, wake up late?” she asked with an understanding smile on her face. 

“Yeah just a little,” I said and grabbed an apple. I sat down on the counter and nibbled on my apple as I watched her run around and grab papers from the printer, the time on the oven made me sigh and jump down from the counter. My apple landed in the trash as she turned to me, “I can give you a ride to school.”

“Thanks,” I replied while grabbing my bag. She opened the garage door as I got in and hollered for Avery to stay in the house. We began our drive and she slowed the car down some, meaning she wanted to talk, inside I sighed.

“So how are things with you and Scarlett?” she asked.

“Good, I guess,” I replied after some time.

“Have you guys.. umm you know?” she asked awkwardly.

I blushed a deep red color while thinking of yesterday in the gym, “umm no mom we haven’t had sex. Scar wants to make sure that I won’t regret it afterwards.”

“And you are sure that you wont regret it when you do do it?” she asked in a serious tone.

“I’m sure mom. I love her,” I assured her. 

“Do you know if she feels the same?” 

“I-I don’t know, but I hope so,” I whispered as my mood dropped at the thought that Scar might not feel the same. We finally pulled up to the school and the air escaped from my lungs in a big burst. My fingers grabbed the door handle and I pushed the door open softly then closed it, waved goodbye to my mom and began to look for my friends. Two familiar hands wrapped around my waist and soft lips moved against my ear, “Morning angel.”

I turned around and kissed her lips quickly then pulled away, “morning.”

“So let me guess, you woke up late?” she asked.

“Yeah, Avery was a little sick last night and I couldn’t sleep,” I explained.

“Mhm so you wouldn’t mind sleeping over at my house tonight, right?” she asked after sometime.

My heart stopped then began thumping hard in my chest, “Umm no. I’m sure that I could stay over.”

“Good, my dad left this morning for a business trip and Ariah is spending the night at some girl’s house.”

“Oh so were going to have the house all to ourselves?”

“Yupp.”

“Cool,” I replied, trying to hide my excitement. The bell rang in my ear and I sighed, too tired to go to class. 

“Do you want to skip first period? I know somewhere we can go so that you can sleep more,” Scar whispered in my ear as I put on my sunglasses.