Chapter 18; The Case of Moriarty, Meeting Mycroft, and the News From Molly

Chapter 18;

I awoke bright and early for Moriarty’s court case. I dressed in the clothes Molly laid out for me, which consisted of a black knee length skirt, a white v-neck t-shirt, black blazer, and my Converse. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, but didn’t bother applying make-up, I never did anyway.

When I finished, i grabbed my backpack that had my credentials in it, because I refused to carry a purse.

I walked to Baker Street, but didn’t bother knocking as I entered my Uncle’s flat.

“Hello Winter! You look lovely!” Mrs. Hudson greeted me.

“Thank you Mrs. Hudson! Are Sherlock, and Uncle John awake?” I asked her.

“I’m not sure, you can go up and check though.” She said, smiling at me.

I nodded and jogged up the stairs.

I entered the living room, finding Uncle reading the morning paper, but Sherlock no where in sight.

“Hello Uncle.” I said, making myself known.

He looked up from his paper, and smiled at me, before standing.

“Hello Winter. You look nice! Sherlock should be out-“

“I’m ready.” Sherlock said, coming into the room and  interrupting Uncle.

“Right, well, lets go then. Winter you can leave your bag here if you like.” Uncle said.

I set my bag down, and followed Uncle John out the door, Sherlock following behind me.

We called a cab, and headed to the courthouse.

We arrived, and filed into the building, ignoring all the press that were hounding us with questions.

‘Miss? Who are you? Are you a girlfriend of either Sherlock or John? Relative? What is your role in the crime scene team? Do you have a connection with Moriarty?’ the press fired questions at me.

I felt an aching need to tell them that I wasn’t a girlfriend of any sort to either Uncle nor Sherlock, but I just ignore them.

I looked down at my feet as I walked, trying to hid my blushing face, until we were inside.

“Winter, are you blushing?” Sherlock asked.

I failed, clearly.

I didn’t answer, I just pushed past Sherlock, into the court room. I found a seat at the top with Uncle John, who had lecture Sherlock the whole way here about not being himself on the stands.

But knowing Sherlock, he ignored Uncle.

And got himself thrown in jail.

“I say we leave him there, he needs to learn.” Uncle said stubbornly.

“What? No. Sherlock is a grown man, not a child. He’s much more stubborn. We have to bail him out now.” I said, reasoning.

“No, I refure.” Uncle said.

“Jesus its like I’m dealing with Children! Fine, if you don’t go bail Sherlock out, I will.” I said, crossing my arms.

“Fine! But he is not coming back into that court room. We can tell him the verdict after the recess is over.” Uncle said.

He left, to bail out Sherlock. I sat in the court room, until he returned.

I was honestly very nervous.

I was scared to know what would happen if they find Moriarty not guilty. Of course, he offers no defense for himself so one would assume that he would be found guilty.