Chapter 13; Confustions of the High-Functioning-Sociopath

Chapter13;

(P.O.V Third Person)

Sherlock awoke the next morning, and wondered why Winter was lying next to him. She was curled up, above the blankets, in her usual t-shirt and jeans. Sherlock rose from bed, and changed clothes, before heading into the living room, where he found John.

“Why is that girl in my room?” Sherlock asked, curiously.

“Well, good morning to you too. And she went to check on you, and found you had a fever. So she was trying to cool your body temp with a wet rag, and probably fell asleep.” John said, never taking his eye off his newspaper.

Sherlock ruffled his hair, as he sat in his leather chair.

He still couldn’t rap his racing mind around a few things.

First; Why Irene had come back, up to her old tricks again.

Second; What Moriarty was up to, and why.

Third; How Irene managed to figure out his ‘secret’ one that he kept buried deep inside him since recently discovering it.

Fourth; Why Winter Watson cared so much about him.

The last thing made Sherlock so frustrated with himself, he almost thought of shooting the wall again. He didn’t mind that the girl cared for him, but he couldn’t figure out why. He was just a machine, with a hard drive, and divorced feelings.

Nothing special, apart from his massive intellect.

However, Sherlock also knew that young Winter didn’t know that Sherlock new of her feelings. Sherlock also new that she thought that because he couldn’t read her, that he was immune to knowing anything about her that wasn’t directly told to him.

Silly, naïve girl, she couldn’t be more wrong.

Little did she know, that Sherlock knows everything he needs too, just by watching her.

He knew all her little corks, like how she sings in the shower (by hearing her every morning) or how she likes to watch sports, but cringes every time she is forced to play.

He also knew other things, like how she doesn’t like meat, but eats it to appease John because of her anemia.

He also knew her secrets, he could see them in her eyes, they way certain situations reminded her of them. Like how she has a small crush on Sherlock, or how Irene Adler secretly reminds Winter of her mother.

That was one thing he wasn’t even sure had crossed Winter’s mind.

Sherlock stood, and began to pace about the room.

He wanted something to do, something to get boredom and Winter off his mind.