Chapter 14; The Chess Game

Chapter 14;

(P.O.V Third Person)

John rushed into 221B, as he reached the living room of the flat, he stopped, not waiting to make a scene. He seen his niece on the sofa, reading her book. She glanced up at him and smiled. He returned it, and made his way into the kitchen, where Sherlock still remained.

“Sherlock.” John said.

“Yes, John?” Sherlock asked, not looking up from his microscope.

John sighed.

“Can I speak to you…privately?” John asked, awkwardly.

Sherlock looked up, and raised an eyebrow at his blogger. John discreetly motioned towards Winter, who was to engrossed in her book to take much notice.

Sherlock rose, and made his way towards the back of the flat, where his bedroom was located.

“What?” Sherlock asked.

John said nothing, but instead held out his phone. Not showing someone the message from Moriarty was eating John alive. But John knew he couldn’t show just anyone. He had to show someone with  a brain, someone that would truly understand the meaning.

And that someone was Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock took John’s phone, reading the message several times just to make sure he was reading it correctly.

“How does he know?” Sherlock muttered.

“How does he know what? Sherlock, what are you hiding?” John asked, worried.

“Nothing, its not important.” Sherlock said, as he began to pace.

“Not important? Sherlock this is my family at stake here. My life is one thing, but the life of my niece is another. I’m not going to risk her life. She’s not a pawn in Moriarty’s game.” John said, strictly.

Sherlock stopped, and spun around to face his friend.

“Do you think anyone of us have a choice? If Moriarty wants your niece to be involved in his game, nothing you or I could do would be able to stop it.” Sherlock said, keeping calm.

The room feel silent, neither John nor Sherlock had much to say.

But Winter did.

She stood outside the door of Sherlock’s bedroom, ear pressed to the cold wood, as she listened intensely. Questioned swirled through her mind, as she wondered what exactly was going on.

Clearly, it was something much bigger then she had anticipated.