Chapter 7; A Visit From Mommy Dearest

Chapter 7;

I sat in Uncle John's chair, reading Pride and Prejudice. The fire was lit, and the lights were off. I was off for two weeks from Uni, for Christmas break, and I was glad. I had about eight more encounters with Jake and Rolf in the three months I was in school. But Sherlock didn't notice any marks after the first one.

I'm not saying there weren't any marks, no there were plenty. I just got better at hiding them.

The past week I had been trying to convince Uncle John, and Sherlock to through a small Christmas party, and let me invite Charlie and Molly. We had become very good friends over the past three months, and honestly it was nice having friends, that were girls anyway.

I still wasn't sure what to think about Sherlock.

I'd rather been avoiding the subject.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, and I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Winter, I have a surprise for you!" Uncle called as he entered the room. He opened the door, and I smiled, and stood.

"Aunt Kim!" I yelled, rushing to give my favorite aunt a hug.

Then, Sherlock came in, from his bedroom, where he had retreated to to find his 'Mind Palace' hours ago.

"Sherlock, this is my aunt Kim, uncle Marvin, and their son Jeremy." I said, as I scooped up the four year old.

"Nice to meet you." Sherlock said, through a fake smile.

"Winter I'm sorry but we've got to dash. Your uncle said you wouldn't mind watching Jeremy for a few hours?" my aunt asked.

"Of course not." I said.

My aunt hugged me, and they rushed off, followed by my uncle John. I sighed and shut the door. I turned, Jeremy wiggling in my arms, and seen Sherlock sitting in his chair.

"Was that John's sister?" Sherlock asked.

"Oh no, there on my moms side of the family." I said.

"I thought you didn't speak to your mother since your father passed?" Sherlock asked.

"I don't, my aunt Kim pretty much raised me when I went to school over in America. I didn't know they were even coming over." I said, setting Jeremy down.

He waddled over to Sherlock, and climbed in his lap. I could tell by the look on Sherlock's face, he didn't know what to do.

"Are you Winnie's boyfriend?" Jeremy asked, using his nickname for me, because he cant say 'Winter'.

My eyes widened and I blushed a deep scarlet.

"Uh..no. Were just...friends." Sherlock said, uncomfortable.

"Winnie's never had a boyfriend before. She says that boys thinks she's weird. I don't think Winnie is weird! Do you?" Jeremy asked.

"No, I think Winter is very smart. Now run along and play." Sherlock said.

Jeremy scooted off Sherlock's lap, and ran over to the violin sitting by the fireplace.

"What's this?" he asked, pointing to it.

"Its Sherlock's violin." I said.

"Sherlock! Will you play for me?" Jeremy asked.

I chuckled, and picked Jeremy up, setting him in my lap as I sat in uncle John's chair. Sherlock smiled slightly, and picked up his violin. He began to play 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' and Jeremy tapped on my shoulder. I leaned forward slightly, so he could whisper in my ear.