Chapter 3; Little Sherlock

Just a quick disclaimer, I didn't actually write the song in this chapter. All rights go to Vanessa Carlton.

Also, the song is on the side!

That's all....I think..

Happy reading!

______________________________________________________________________-

Chapter 3;

I awoke the next morning, to the smell of pancakes.

Oh how I love pancakes.

I quickly rush out of bed, not bothering to fix my appearance, and practically run down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom, I stopped, and strolled into the room as though it was nothing.

I looked around, seeing a little old lady at the stove, cooking. Sherlock was at the window, playing the violin, beautifully.

“Oh hello dear! Sherlock, who is this?” asked the old women, as she smiled at me.

“Oh Mrs. Hudson, this is John’s niece Winter. She’s come to stay with us while she goes to Uni. Now, Winter do you have a piano?” Sherlock asked, coming into the room.

“Well, no, but I do have a small keyboard. Why do you ask?” I asked him, although I was looking at the floor, not wanting to get lost in his eyes.

Again.

“Oh good, will you run up and fetch it?” he asked.

“Why?” I asked.

“Well, I figured you could play something for Mrs. Hudson.” He said.

I looked over at Mrs. Hudson, who smiled at me. I smiled back, and nodded, before heading back up the stairs. I brushed my hair, and changed into a pair of jeans and a Criminal Minds t-shirt. I slipped on my converse, and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, and then grabbed my keyboard, and stand. I went back down the stairs and set up my keyboard. I grabbed the metal chair from the desk, and sat behind my keyboard.

“What would you like to hear Mrs. Hudson?” I asked.

“Oh anything dear, whatever you can play.” She said, nicely.

I thought for a moment, before an Idea came to me.

“Right, well this song is called A Thousand Miles, I wrote it a long time ago.” I said, before I began to play.

I took a deep breathe as the lyrics neared. I was never this nevus to play in front of this little of people. Perhaps its because….

Because of Sherlock.

I opened my mouth, and began to sing, before my thoughts could progress any further.

Making my way downtown

Walking fast

Faces pass

And I'm home bound

Staring blankly ahead

Just making my way

Making a way

Through the crowd

And I need you

And I miss you

And now I wonder....

If I could fall

Into the sky