Chapter 4; The Sister Announcment

Chapter 4;

We entered the flat, and seen a man, well dressed, sitting in Sherlock’s chair. He rose when he seen us enter the room. I looked up at Sherlock, he looked annoyed.

“Hello Sherlock, John how are you?” the man said.

“Fine thanks.” Uncle said.

“Who’s the little lady?” he asked.

“John’s niece Winter. Mycroft, why are you here?” Sherlock asked.

“Why dear brother, I merely came to say hello, and ask for your help, at request of my employer.” Mycroft said.

“Mycroft the last time you asked for my help i…” Sherlock paused, noticing I was still in the room. “Lets just say, that it didn’t end well.”

I felt someone place there hand on my shoulder, I turned, seeing Uncle John.

“Come on, lets go upstairs, and let them talk.” He said.

I nodded, and followed Uncle John up stairs.

I went to my room, and hung up my coat and scarf.

Uncle John stood in the doorway, leaning up against its frame.

“You know, your father really loved taking you to work with him.” He said.

“Yea. But after he died, mother didn’t want me. I guess I understand, she blamed me after all.” I said, sitting on the bed.

I bet you all are really confused.

Let me explain.

My father is Jack Watson. Former chief of police, for one of London’s many stations, and brother to my Uncle John. Although he never mentioned him to Sherlock, or anyone really, to sensitive. About 13 years ago, I was merely 8, my father took me to work with him, which he did often, we loved solving crimes together. There had been a drive by shooting. Only it was a trap. The shooter didn’t leave, because they were really after my father, and while no one was watching, they grabbed me, holding a gun to my head. They threatened they would kill me if my father didn’t give himself up. they shot him, right infront of me, and then killed themselves. No one knew the man, or why he was after my father.

Its still remains a mystery.

One I haven’t the faintest how to solve.

My mother, since then, blamed me. Saying if I wasn’t so bratty and begged my father to go then he wouldn’t have died. She sent me straight to boarding school after that, all the way in America. Never allowed me to fly home for holidays. She didn’t want me. Then when I graduated, she sent me to live with Uncle John.

“Uncle John, does…does mother still love me?” I asked, my voice faint.

“Honestly Winter, I don’t know. I’d like to think so.” He said.

“Is that just your nice way of saying no?” I questioned.

He remained silent for a moment, before sighing.

“Well, I think that I’m going to go sign up for Uni classes now. Nothing better to do.” I said, before grabbing my hoodie, and walking out of the room.

I needed to get out of there. Talking about my parents makes me rather emotional, and I don’t like crying. Especially infront of people.

I hurried down the stairs, feeling the tears weld up in my eyes. I blinked them back, as I walked threw the kitchen, and living room, ignoring Sherlock.

I walked out the door and called for a cab.

(P.O.V Third Person)

John walked down the stairs, hearing the front door slam shut. He sighed, and silently prayed that he’s niece would be alright, physically and metal.

“Oh my, why did I hear the door slam?” Mrs. Hudson said, entering the room.

“Its nothing Mrs. Hudson, Winter just got upset.” John said.

“Touchy subject John, you should really be more careful.” Sherlock said.

“How did you know?” John asked, knowing that Sherlock wasn’t able to read his niece.

Honestly that made John a bit relieved. He wasn’t sure why, but he was glad that Sherlock wasn’t able to read his niece.

“I seen the pain in her eyes when she spoke of her father earlier. And she had the same pain in her eyes only moments ago when she walked past. She looked as though she was going to cry, but she doesn’t want to cry infront of people. Especially her Uncle, the war hero. She thought that tears meant weakness, because more or less that’s what her mother pounded into her head. Feelings John, those can be the death of us all.” Sherlock said, in his usual matter-of-fact manner.

“Sherlock, you said you couldn’t read my niece.” John said.

“I can’t. I was guessing. Getting to know her, if you will.” Sherlock said.

“You always guess.” John paused for a moment. “You’ve been watching her, haven’t you?”

“Watching her? What ever do you mean?” Sherlock asked.

“You know exactly what I mean. Its driving you crazy that you cant read her, so now you wont let her out of your sight. That’s why you wanted her to come to the crime scene with us, isn’t it? So she doesn’t do anything your not aware of.” John said.

Sherlock remain silent, mainly because he stopped listening to John about half way through.

He had begun to concentrate on the case, and the fact that Winter had had noticed almost everything he did.

Hours past, and there was no sign of the girl returning.

John was worried, but he was about to fall asleep on his feet if he kept pacing about.

“John, go to bed. I’ll wait up for the girl.” Sherlock said.

John was to tired to argue, he just headed for the stairs. He sat on the side of his bed, as he put his phone on the charger. John crawled into bed, but before he could get comfortable, his phone beeped letting him know he had a text.

John hoped that it was from Winter. Telling him she was perfectly fine.

But John was let down when he discovered who it was really from.

Hello, big Brother. Excpet a visit from your darling little sister in two weeks  time.

AW x

It was from his sister-in-law, Ann Watson.