Surprise! Surprise!

Snowflake on the side ---->

INTRODUCTION

 Finally our last day of school was over. I was finally done with grade seven and I was turning 13 in a few months. I was very excited but my birthday was in 2 months, July 1st, I was the second oldest boy in my class. Now my school had a very weird name; it was called Brooks Field School.

 It was this 4 story building with dull, red bricks and creepy, long windows. The school was huge but it was fine for us. New children always thought it was haunted but Steve and I? Oh, we were here since the school was made and what’s weird is that it was made a year later after we were born. Steve and I are good friends, but we don’t always agree on the same things.

 Steve is this unusual boy you might not see every other day, he has big round, brown eyes and thick, brown eyebrows well apart, spiky black hair, a tiny nose and he has a tan, even in winter and a quite chubby body but nobody calls him fat.

 I have blue eyes like the ocean and peachy pale skin with freckles on my cheeks and nose. I have blonde hair but I always wanted brown. I am a skinny boy but I have enough muscles to pick up the fattest boy in our school, who is in the highest grade.

CHAPTER 1: LEO HAS A SURPRISE

 It was my birthday, July 1st. I was in bed and it’s 8:30. I went downstairs and had my usual breakfast, bread and butter. I was so excited; I went to my parent’s bedroom and knocked on their door. I heard my mom’s voice saying I could come in so I came in, in my pajamas. I saw that my dad is half asleep but I was sure he was awake.

I asked my mom as politely as I could,

“ Mom, can I go to Steve’s house please?” My mom looked at dad then at me, she nodded. So I forgot to put on my outdoor clothes and wore my shoes and ran outside. I was going to Steve’s house for two reasons; to let my parents do something for my birthday and go and tell Steve that todays my birthday (he often forgets which I get upset with). I invited the whole class to come on 4:00 in the afternoon and leave at 7:00. I was just so excited that I didn't notice anyone staring at me in my pajamas.

 I rang Steve’s doorbell. I waited and I hoped that he will open the door, but the small dog door opened and Beast came out. The dog door is for dogs but Steve had a cat named Beast and yes he looks like a hairy beast, a Russian blue cat with glowering eyes (that’s why Steve named him), but he’s very friendly. Beast starts purring and rubbing against my legs. I pat Beast and whispered in his ears,

 “Go wake up Steve!” And with that, Beast ran inside, again most likely to do what I said.

  A minute later Steve opened the door and started shaking my hands. I was confuzed.

 “Something special going on?” I asked.

 He replied with a proud voice, “Yes I finally remember that it’s your birthday tomorrow!”

 “Umm… its today Steve….” I replied in disappointment, “But it was close enough,” I said quickly when I saw the disappointment on Steve’s face. Steve and I went outside and played soccer. After a few minutes, Steve’s little sister Lavender came up to me and says,

 “Oh my god!” She squeaked, "Wait here, I'll go get my pwajama's!" she squealed. I finally noticed that I’m wearing my pajamas. I flushed a color of pink. Before I could tell her it’s not decent and it’s not cool she had disappeared. I looked at Steve and he looked back at me.  Lavender came back in her pink polka dot pajamas, I looked at Steve and Steve looked back at me, exchanging telepathic words.

We both had started laughing and rolling on the floor. Lavender was flushing red with anger, her brown eyes pierce through our heads, her black curly hair was in a mess and she tackled me and I pretended I was beaten. She started wailing and screamed,

“YOUR ARE SO UNFAIR! WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT LIKE BIG PEOP-!“ Lavender’s mom came and carried Lavender inside, with Lavender being difficult and screaming kiddy profanites, like 'weirdoes, losers, etc'.

 I got up and brushed off the blades of grass off my shoulders. I told Steve to come to my house and REMEMBER to come at 4:00 no earlier or later. I said bye and went to my house and my parents were smiling and holding a box waiting for me.

 The box was green, my favorite color, with red smiley faces. I looked at my mom and dad as if I’m saying; it’s mine? They nodded and grinned. I ripped open the present and a husky puppy jumped on me, licking my face. I hugged my parents. They left me with my new puppy. You see my parents weren't always the type to be all touchy and feely, but when they were, it took hours to stop.

 On that day, my heart was full of joy and happiness.

 From that moment on, I knew that life would be perfect,

But boy was I wrong.