CHAPTER #13- 'The Lab'

Peter’s POV:

After gathering all the materials for the tracking spell, I fly to Skull Rock. I put all of the ingredients into a pot over a fire, and mix it together with a long, wooden spoon. I scoop some of the dark green, bubbling liquid out of the cot and sip it. I shudder. It tastes awful! I think of quickly think of Riley, and all of a sudden I know exactly where she is.

London, England.

-----

Riley’s POV:

I wake up to the bright light of the sun shining through the door of the truck. The same two fishermen, I overheard one was Luke and the other Josh, pushed me out and back onto the same cart as before.

Luke was a fair skinned man, about 6-feet tall, and looks like he hasn’t shaved in a while. Josh looks the same, but is a brunette and maybe a few inches taller.

I am rolled into a polished, modern building. I stare around in amazement. Sure, the Enchanted Forest has had many technological advances since Storybrooke disappeared, but there was opulence to the room.

Everything had a metallic finish, and seemed cold. Smells of antiseptics filled the air, and I almost had to cover my nose the smell was so strong. I could freaking smell it underwater!

I see a lady at the counter, polished with a straight face, resembling the building she worked at. She wore a dark grey business suit with her hair pulled back neatly into a low bun. She wore glasses and had a daunt expression.

“Hello, we are here to see Dr. Sean. We have the specimen.”

Specimen? Really? So instead of an ‘it’ and a ‘that’ I was promoted to a ‘specimen’ now? Must be my lucky day.

“Yes. Right this way.”

She stands up quickly and turns sharply to her left. Luke and Josh follow her, pushing me like a shopping cart. And they came to make good deals.

The walk down the hallway seems to take forever. My stomach churns in fear, knowing that at any moment, anything could happen.

We get to a grey office door. The words ‘Dr. Sean, Cryptozoologist’ are inscribed into a nametag adhered to the door. The lady opens it and motions for us to go inside.

A short, bald man with circular glasses sits in an office chair, his hands lying upon his desk, intertwined.  He flashes an evil smirk.

“Is this what I think it is?” He says, running over and pressing his hands and face into the glass of the tank like a five year old at an aquarium. In this situation, that was probably the case.

“Sure is, boss.” Says the Captain, walking in soon after us.

“George, this is magnificent!”

The Captain rubs his fingers together, motioning for the money that was promised.

I can’t believe I’m being sold.

“Oh, yes! Here, in this briefcase is one billion for the specimen.”

He hands it over.

“Thank you. She’s all yours.”

Wow. I’m worth a lot. I wonder what would happen if my bracelet finally comes off. I would seriously pay to see the look on Dr. Sean’s face.

The fishermen leave followed by the Captain, or should I say Captain George. He gives me an evil smirk that sends shivers down my spine.

I look back over to Dr. Sean and he is just grinning at me. He was even more perturbing than Rumple! I scoot back until my back is resting upon the side of the tank. I try not to look frightened, but I am.

There’s something not right with Dr. Sean.

“This is gonna be fun.” He says, rubbing his hands together greedily.

Where is Peter, I think to myself, He should be here by now.

-----

Peter’s POV:

I summon my Shadow. The dark silhouette swoops down in front of me, awaiting my commands.

“Have you located the girl?” He asks in his demonic voice of his.

My Shadow’s bright white eyes are glaring daggers at me.

“Yes. Keep an eye out in Neverland and contact me if the intruders return to Neverland. I’m going to go get Riley.”

He nods and flies off.

I take a deep breath and run off the edge of the cave. I plummet twenty feet, but the air quickly catches me and I start to soar.

I’m coming, Riley. Don’t worry. I think to myself.

I can’t even imagine what they’ve done to her already.