CHAPTER #10- The Date Gone Wrong

Riley’s POV:

Peter and I head out to a small cove on the west side of the island that he says has gorgeous waters, with vibrant shades of blues and teals.

“You excited?” Peter asks, walking to my left.

“No duh.” I say, rolling my eyes at him.

“Will you sing for me?”

“Why?”

“Because it sounds so beautiful.” I blush.

“Peter, I don’t like to sing in front of people.”

“Why not? You did it perfectly well a little while ago.”

“Ya, but that was different.”

“Please, Riley? For me?” He says, biting his lower lip adorably.

“Okay, fine.” I moan.

“No pressure.” Peter teases and smirks.

I give him a playful push and begin to sing.

Music, music,

Music when soft voices die.

Vibrates in the memory,

Odors when violets sicken,

Live within the sense the quicken,

Live within the sense they quicken, quicken.

Rose leaves, rose leaves,

Rose leaves when the rose is dead,

Are heaped for the beloved’s bed,

The beloved’s bed, the beloved’s bed.

And so thy thoughts when thou are gone,

Love itself now shall slumber on,

Love shall slumber on.

I look over to Peter when I’m finished ot see a single tear roll down his cheek.

“That was so beautiful.”

“Thanks,” I reply blushing, “It’s called ‘Music When Soft Voices Die’. Another song from chorus.”

“Oh my God, and you made me cry!” He says, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. I look deep into them to see they’re all puffy and red. I give him an awkward side hug, and we continue walking towards the beach.

Once we get there, I believe I have a white bikini on, with my hair in a messy bun. Peter does the same, but is wearing blue swim trunks with a plaid pattern. I stare at his abs; He’s so fit. Running around in the woods really paid off.

“What?” he asks, confused.

“Nothing.” I blush.

He looks sown to where I was staring, then back up to me, smirking. I blush even more until my face is as bright as my hair.

I take my bracelet out of my satchel, dismissing the expression he gave me.

“Ready?” I ask.

I see Peter do something weird with his hands and suppose he’s putting a spell on himself so he can breathe under water.

“Ya.” He replies casually.

I walk over to the shore and tread into the water until it comes to my waist. I slip on my bracelet. My indigo, glowing tail forms again but my bikini top remains. I dive head first into the deep blue water. Peter dives in after me.

Schools of tropical fish like none I’ve ever seen before swim around clumps of coral and seaweed on the ocean floor.

“Betcha can’t get me!” I yell back to Peter mockingly.

“You can swim but you can’t hide!” He teases.

“Watch me,” I retort, “I’ll give you a 10 second head start!”

I count to ten then race after Peter. I pass him with ease and look back to brag at him with a sly smirk.

“Not fair, you have a mermaids tail!” He yells.

I snicker.

“Count to ten. I’ll hide. Then come and find me. But you can’t use magic.” I say.

Pan starts to count. I swim as fast as I can and hide behind a massive piece of magenta coral. I must be at least 50 feet under water.

I hear a faint “Ready or not, hear I come!” and a laugh of satisfaction from Peter in the distance.

I make no sound and look up towards the sky above.

A dark object floats on top of the water. Curiosity gets the best of me and I swim up to investigate.

-----

Peter’s POV:

I searched everywhere but couldn’t locate Riley.

“Riley?” I yell.

No answer. She’s too far away. I can’t find her.

“Okay, you won. I give up.” I scream, putting my hands up in surrender. The water muffles my voice. Riley can’t hear me. I could use a spell, but I promised Riley I wouldn’t and I don’t want her to be cross with me.

Still nothing. The water remains perfectly calm and the only noise comes from a far off dolphin. I begin to worry. Where was she? I swim around, calling for her but I can’t find her. Then I remember the shadow’s warning. She must be in trouble.

-----

Riley’s POV:

As I get closer to the object, I realize it’s a ship. It was at least fifty feet long, made of steel. But before I can do anything, a large fishing net appears and quickly lowers, surrounding me.

“Ah,” I yell, “Peter! Help! I’m stuck!”

It’s no use. He’s too far away, he can’t hear me. I struggle, but I only get entangled even more. I try to take my bracelet off, but it’s stuck.

“Pan!” I scream.

Still nothing. I try to use magic but nothing works. What did I just get myself into?

-

-

-

The funny thing is that I am singing 'Music When Soft Voices Die' for solo and ensemble. THE people singing it on the side is actually a high school in my district. I would've gone there but they built another high school instead haha.

Hope you enjoyed this! Should I continue putting songs in? THey'll be chorus songs because I hate it when people put lyrics for songs I already know. So I like to keep it unique.