Chapter 10 - Daniel

JUNE 2022 UPDATE: Go read "Lucy", a spinoff of the Masked SheWolf trilogy, now updating on Wattpad, and its "Behind the Scenes" companion book that includes character profiles and a complete recap of the trilogy, as told by the characters in interview format.

±!@#$%^&*()_+

My brothers and I have a system during parties. We always go together and we check in with Mickey every hour so that he could make sure we aren't getting too drunk. Alcohol doesn't affect us as easily as it does humans, but when taken in large amounts, it makes us as vulnerable as any drunk person.

My brothers and I are allowed to drink though, except for Mickey of course, for one simple reason. Drunk guys are not taken seriously if they start yelling that their baby brother is actually a werewolf girl in hiding. If Mickey was to start acting like a girl, however, the truth would come out. We can't shift when there's the least bit of alcohol or chemicals in our system, but all my twin has to do is take his shirt or pants off.

It's unfair that he's the only one who can't drink, so we promised that we would always stop when he tells us to. But he lets us have our fun, because he has this warped sense of right and wrong, and he thinks it's wrong to chain us to him.

Unfortunately, the welcome party at the SMP is the first one he attends willingly and has someone to hang out with. This makes him distracted, and I unintentionally let loose. Thirty minutes later, I'm much drunker than I've ever been in my life.

"More shots!" I scream over the loud music.

Everyone cheers me on. My vision is so fuzzy, but I feel like I'm flying and that nothing can stop me. People love me every time I drink and announce that I've taken yet another one. I like it. Somebody hands me another shot. Grinning, I reach for it and look up at the person to thank them. I stop short when I see a girl.

"Why hello, gorgeous," I flirt.

She's really pretty; her eyes are so blue, like the ocean. Or are they green? I can't tell. I'm distracted thinking about taking a swim in the back pool soon.

"Hi," she says back with a suggestive smile.

By now, it's just me and her talking. Maybe she wants to go to the pool with me.

"You want to go for a swim?" I ask.

She scrunches up her nose for a second in an adorable way, but I'm sure it's just the fuzziness of my vision. She purses her lips like she's considering it, and then she leans forward towards me like she's about to tell me a secret.

"Tell you what," she begins, and I get closer to her, my curiosity to know her answer burning inside me. "You finish that drink, and I'll take you up somewhere secret."

I knew she was going to tell me a secret! I love secrets!

People always tell them to me, and I usually keep them. Without hesitation, I down the shot she gave me and wait for the burn. Nothing comes.

Whoa! Did I just develop a superpower? Alcohol resistance! Awesome!

"Hey I didn't even feel that!" I exclaim with pride.

"That's because it's water," she tells me with a straight face that doesn't have a hint of the flirty expression she wore before. "I think you've had enough."

I don't understand what she's telling me at first, and I frown to concentrate. "You tricked me!" I finally realize, feeling betrayed. "That's not very nice! I'm going to get a drink from someone who's not mean, like you."

"Don't you want to see my secret place?" she reminds me.

Damn it! I love secrets. This is too tempting! How do I choose? Wait, why don't I want to see her secret place again?I wonder.