Chapter 3 - Michael

JUNE 2022 UPDATE: Go read "Lucy", a spinoff of the Masked SheWolf trilogy, now updating on Wattpad, and its "Behind the Scenes" companion book that includes character profiles and a complete recap of the trilogy, as told by the characters in interview format.

±!@#$%^&*()_+

"Shotgun!" Nate shouts the second Connor grabs his keys, running straight to the front door.

There is a wave of complaint from the rest of us followed by some very colorful objections.

"No fair, you're the last one to be dropped off!" Danny points out, his voice the loudest above all. "It should be between Mickey and me, and you can fight with Mason after we get off."

"In that case, shotgun!" I yell hurriedly and take off running to Connor's black Audi.

"I'm next," Mason seconds immediately, which starts up a fight between him and Nathan.

In the meantime, Daniel has caught me by the leg and we're trampling over each other to get to the front seat. He holds my arm to keep me back but I trip him and he lets go. Then he grabs my ankle and pulls, but I'm expecting that and I give him a good kick before I fall down.

Then I shoot out of his grasp when he goes to grab whatever part of him I injured. Seconds later, I yank the door open and jump in next to Connor, locking it behind me. Mason and Nathan are already in the backseat fighting.

"So are we going or what?" I yell so that Danny can hear me and hurry up. "I don't want to be late like last time."

"Don't look at me; that was Nate's fault," Connor defends himself.

"Hey, you're the one who turned off my alarm clock!" Nate complains.

Connor just shrugs. "You made me the target; I had to retaliate. You should have expected something like that. I just wish Mom hadn't made me go back for you; that would have been such a better plan."

"When I get my own car-" he starts.

"You're a terrible driver, man; even Mickey's got more of a shot at getting a car before you do, and he's been waiting for less than you have," Mase puts in before he can continue.

"I might just get my own car," Nate goes on, obviously dreaming.

"For that to happen, you need money," I point out, "and to get money, you have to actually maintain a job position."

"Hey, waitering is harder than it looks, alright?"

"That's not even a word, dumbass," Con mocks.

That's when Danny finally makes it to the car and opens the door.

"Dude, you broke my nose!" he complains. He groans as he puts it back into place.

Well, that takes care of my vengeance against my twin. Two more to go.

"Oh please," I scoff. "You're a werewolf; you'll live."

"This won't heal for another hour!"

"You better not bleed on my car or I swear I'll make you walk," Connor threatens as he pulls out of our driveway.

The drive to Danny's and my school is not a very long one, but it always feels like it, mostly because we never shut up and almost always talk at the same time. It's a very interesting brotherly-bonding experience.

"Some brothers you guys are," Daniel whines. Seriously; what a baby!

"It was your decision to make Mickey the target for War Day," he points out. "Live with it. You know he always comes back swinging. Or were you not there when he almost broke me and Andrea up yesterday?"