Chapter 11 - Michael

JUNE 2022 UPDATE: Go read "Lucy", a spinoff of the Masked SheWolf trilogy, now updating on Wattpad, and its "Behind the Scenes" companion book that includes character profiles and a complete recap of the trilogy, as told by the characters in interview format.

±!@#$%^&*()_+

The house is alive with music, lights and bodies dancing all around. The party barely even started an hour ago, and already, people are dancing like their lives depend on it. I make a vow to myself that I would only hang around Sadie or my brothers all night. Pack or no pack, I'm still me, and I still hate parties just as much as I always have.

Sadie has shown me around the house. On the outside, it's kind of nice looking, with brick walls and a flat ceiling. Inside, it's even better. There are three levels and a basement. In the basement, a game room is set up, with video games and televisions. A narrow wooden spiral staircase leads the way down there.

The top two floors are bedrooms. There are fourteen in total, and eight bathrooms are spread out on all four levels. The first level is where the party is mostly taking place. The living room has been emptied out of furniture to make room for a dance floor and a sound system, also, to clear the breakables away. There's already a bar in the back that's being used for the party.

The kitchen is also on this floor. Compared to ours, it is gigantic. There are three fridges at the right side decorated with magnets, one of which has a piece of paper magnetized to the door with the word "drinks" written on it. The other two are for food.

Two big stainless stoves are at the wall adjacent to the one where the fridges are. The rest of the kitchen is lined with closets, cupboards and counter-tops. There are two rectangular tables of about seven feet long by three feet wide, each in the middle of the room, with about twenty eight chairs around it. I'm guessing that even though only one pair of the adults live here, the parents must all come over for meals.

Very few people are sitting at the table. A couple of werewolves are rummaging through the food fridge, while three are searching for drinks. I am suddenly reminded of the strange sight we drove into when my brothers and I first got here.

"Hey, why are there humans here outside?" I ask Sadie.

Her lips twist up with amusement. "Oh, they're just crashing the party."

She says it so calmly that it takes me by surprise. Doesn't the pack care that humans have intruded on their private Welcome Homeparty? "And... that doesn't bother you guys?"

She shrugs. "The bigger the crowd, the better the party."

"So... you don't actually care about keeping it private?" I ask skeptically.

"If we didn't want anyone crashing, do you really think they would have been able to?"

I pause, considering it. "I guess not. But why?"

"How old do you think most of us are?" she asks teasingly. "A few of the guys found their mates at some of these things."

I crack a smile. "Yeah, I'm sure plenty of guys have fallen in love during parties," I say with sarcasm.

Sadie pretends to be offended. "Hey, I will have you know that my first night with Cade happened at a party not much different than this one, and it was magical!"

I cringe in disgust. "Why the hell did you feel the need to share that with me?!"

She smirks. "Because I knew it would bother you, obviously. You ooze virginout of every pore, and knowing you're not like other shallow guys who only care about getting laid, gives me enough reason to torture you."