The Hunger Games

You are chosen, you know you will die. You try to be brave, but you won't survive. Can you survive the Hunger Games, a fight to the death?

           In the ruins of a place once known as North America, lies the nation of Panem, an evil capitol that forces each of the 12 districts to send one boy and girl to compete in the annual Hunger Games, a live TV show where kids of ages 12-18 are forced to fight to the death, and there can only be one winner.

          12 year old Katharine Star is chosen to compete for District 12. And what totally throws her off balance is that she’ll have to compete with not just 23 other tributes, but her best friend, Danny Mercelly, who is also chosen for District 12. The two plan to make sure they don’t kill each other, and not even get close during the Games, but Katharine is so nervous, she can’t do it alone. And as an unexpected love worms in her life, Katharine becomes confused with her feelings, which may turn her into an easy prey, with the fact that she can't focus and begins to let out her feelings, forgetting she is in the Games, where she could be killed any minute. Katharine is fond of her little sister, Kati, and promises her that she’ll win, and nothing will get in her way. Katharine’s older brother, Jake, died in the games a few years back in the 192nd Hunger Games, so Katharine is determined to win, not only for her family, but in revenge for her brother. She is brave and strong, but tends to hide her true self from others. This is a good strategy so no one will expect her coming. But if she is to win, it means she'll have to do the one thing that she'll never want to do. Killing her best friend or watching him die.

                                                    Once I'm running, I cannot stop.

                                      I cannot count on my best friend to protect me

                                                               I must be brave

                                                  I cannot back down from this fight.

                                                  Winning means fame and fortune.

                                                       Losing means certain death.

                                                   The Hunger Games have begun...