Chapter 11

Mandi

When I woke up on Friday morning I was freaking out. I was going on a date with Dillon Hansen! I looked at the clock and noticed that it was half past six in the morning. I decided that I was going to wake AnaBella up even if she didn’t want to be woken up at this hour. I my phone out and dialed her number.

“Hey,” AnaBella answered on the third ring in a chipper voice. 

“Somebody’s obviously chipper this morning,” I laughed. 

“Are you ready for me to come over,” she asked. She was obviously trying not to laugh so that I could understand what she was asking. 

“Well, are you ready to come yet?”

“Sweetie,” she laughed, “I’ve been ready since half past five!”

“Okay then,” I laughed. “I’ll see you when you get here, bye.”

“See ya,” AnaBella laughed before disconnecting the phone line. 

I took a shower and changed into gray yoga pants and a lime green v-neck shirt. There was no doubt that AnaBella wouldn’t want me wearing my dress until much later. A few minutes later I heard the doorbell ring and I got up to answer it. 

“Hey,” AnaBella shrieked as soon as I got the door halfway open. 

“Hi,” I said trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible. 

“Are you ready for me to work my magic,” she asked excitedly. 

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I said sarcastically. 

“Oh don’t sound so ecstatic,” she glared playfully. 

“Okay, I’ll try to be more happy,” I sighed. “Just, please, don’t try to torture me so much.” 

“And what exactly would make you think that I would torture you,” she asked innocently. 

“Oh, please,” I said. “You know that I don’t like wearing makeup that much, but you love fixing me up extravagantly.” 

“Mandi, how dare you say such a thing,” AnaBella gasped in mock horror. 

“Come on, everybody knows that it’s only the truth,” I laughed. 

“I know,” she grinned. “No matter what, though, I obviously always make you fantabulous since whenever you do let me do your hair and makeup everyone starts giving you compliments.” 

“Okay, I admit that you do make me look great whenever you force me to let you get me all fancied up. The part that I hate the most is having to take off all of the makeup you put on me; that’s a pain in my butt.” 

“I’ll help you later,” she promised me. She took my hand and dragged me to back to my room. That’s when I noticed the bag that she was carrying. If she wasn’t going to just use my stuff I knew that I was bound to be tortured from start to finish of her little project. 

“Somebody help me,” I sighed dramatically. She looked back at me in confusion and once I pointed to the bag she held in her hands she knew exactly what I was thinking. 

“You know that you have crappy hair and makeup products so I decided to bring my good ones,” she explained. “I promise not to make you look like a circus clown.”