Chapter 3

----------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pic of AnaBella<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------------

“How is that possible; she has all of the symptoms of being pregnant,” my mom asked.

“Well, sometimes at how far along she is it may be too soon to really get a clear ultrasound of the baby,” the ultrasound technician answered. “I think that what you should probably do is go home, get plenty of sleep, and make sure that you set up an appointment for next month.”

“What if there’s something wrong with her or her baby,” my mom asked. 

“Mrs. Williams, I assure you that there’s nothing wrong with either one of them,” the technician said. “If you want me to I can call Dr. Bradshaw in here to verify.”

“No, you don’t have to call Dr. Bradshaw,” I piped up. “Mom, the ultrasound technician is assuring you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me or the baby now can we just go home, please?”

“Oh, all right,” my mom relented. 

“Make sure you call the clinic and set up another appointment for about a month after today,” the ultrasound technician advised. “Also, make sure to get lots of sleep and eat when you can. You probably shouldn’t go to school if you’re not feeling good.”

At that my mom and I left the hospital. When we got home I just walked to my bedroom quietly, lied down, and went to bed. In the dream I had I actually seen a man atop of me. I still couldn’t see his face. I woke up after that. I honestly didn’t think that I would ever see the face of the man who had raped me. That’s it, I thought to myself, I need a bath. I went and started the water. When the water was ready I climbed in, but it didn’t last long because the next thing I knew I was having to throw up. Why did this keep happening to me? It seemed like every time I was starting to relax I had to stop doing what I was doing and throw up. 

There was a knock on the door. 

“Honey, dinner’s ready,” my mom said from the other side of the bathroom door. 

“Okay, I’ll be there in a second,” I said. I got dressed and walked into our kitchen. I could tell that she’d made something that Dr. Bradshaw had recommended. 

“How are you feeling,” my mom asked me. 

“The same as I’ve been feeling all day,” I replied. “What did you make for dinner?”

“Some hamburger patties and a healthy salad,” my mom smiled. 

“Yummy as long as I can keep it down.” 

We sat down to eat at the table. This was our first meal that we were eating together since I’d gotten home from summer camp. 

“Do you want to talk about all that has happened today,” my mom asked me. 

“What about today,” I asked her. 

“Everything that has happened over the course of just this one day,” she answered. 

“Uh, no, I’m fine,” I said in response.