Chapter 2

Pic of Mandi----------------------------->>>>>>><<<<--------------------------------------

The next morning my mom came and woke me up at nine. After we were both ready she tried to get me to eat a banana, but it just wasn’t going to happen. 

When we finally did arrive at the clinic, Mrs. Wilkins was waiting for us. She pulled me away from my mom for a few seconds. 

“I’ve told the doctor all of your symptoms and what I think is wrong,” she told me. “Now, I’m going to have your mom come with me while the doctor figures out exactly what’s wrong.”

“Okay,” I said. We hurried to catch up with my mom. Mrs. Wilkins took my mom away saying that there were insurance papers that my mom had to fill out. When the doctor came into the room, she reassured me that she knew everything that was going on. 

“Mrs. Wilkins told me that she thinks you’re pregnant, do you think that?”

“No, it’s not possible,” I answered. 

“Have you told your mom about what Mrs. Wilkins thinks?”

“No, she’d freak out,” I said extremely nervous.

“Well, to see if you are or are not pregnant we’re gonna have to talk to your mom first.”

“Whatever, you can go get her,” I mumbled. 

The doctor left to go get my mom and I was freaking out. 

My mom was really religious and had been telling me not to get sexually involved with any guy until I was married for as long as I could remember. This wasn’t my fault, though; I hadn’t done anything wrong. 

A few minutes later the doctor came back and said that she’d talked to my mom. After that she did the routine checkup that included blood pressure and feeling my abdomen. 

“Okay, Mandi, what I think we’re going to have you do is take a pregnancy test and then we’re going to send you over to the hospital to get a blood test and ultrasound done.”

“Do you seriously think I’m pregnant,” I asked internally freaking out.

“It’s a possibility,” she answered.

“No, it’s not,” I said.

“And why is that?”

“Because I’m still a flipping virgin,” I shouted hysterically.

“Well, we should test you just in case,” the doctor said reasonably. 

“No, I’m done; if i’m still sick in two months then I’ll come back in and you can do all the testing you want to do.”

“By two months it could be too late. At least let us do a pregnancy and blood test. After that you can go home and we’ll call you once we get the results.”

“Fine, but only those two,” I said stubbornly. 

The doctor left the room to go get Mrs. Wilkins and my mom and explain to them what was going to happen. 

~Two Hours Later~

Two hours after my mom and I got home, the doctor called. She asked to talk to me so my mom handed me the phone and I went into my room.