"THE BEGINNING" - CHAPTER 6

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

                                                 "THE BEGINNING" - CHAPTER 6

Kandi came home around five-thirty the next morning, she hurried and parked her Escalade in the driveway before she hopped out and speed walked towards the front door.

Before Kandi could even get her key in the lock the door swung open with a pissed off Truth standing behind it.

"Where the hell have you been?" Truth questioned, pissed.

"Minding my own business." Kandi snapped as she walked passed Truth.

Truth slammed the door closed before he rushed behind her. "The hell is up with you, K? I've been calling your damn phone all night."

"It must've died cause I ain't hear it." Kandi lied as she walked up the stairs knowing she turned her phone off at a certain time that night because Truth calls was messing up the flow she was having with Kendrick.

"Yeah, a'ight," Truth said, not really believing her as he looked over her outfit, but his eyes lingering on her butt. "Ya' ass must've had a good ole time at the club."

"The fuck that's suppose to mean Truth?" Kandi snapped as she walked into her bedroom and kicked off her heels.

"It means some lame ass nigga must've been all up in your damn face." Truth barked.

"And if one was?" Kandi questioned, daring him to say something as she looked over at him standing in her door frame.

"Look." Truth sighed deeply and rubbed the back of his neck. "Just make sure you answer your phone from now on so I know you a'ight."

"Is that all?" Kandi asked, dryly.

"Yeah," Truth said, but didn't move from his spot.

Kandi was tired as hell and was getting out her dress, she didn't care that Truth was standing there looking stupid.

Kandi looked at him as she reached behind her back and slowly started to pull down the zipper, but before she could pull the dress off all the way Truth turned his head away. She didn't know that the little movement from him turning his head would crush her.

"Aye, I'm still in the room, K." Truth joked as he kept looking down.

"Leave," Kandi said, simply as she let the dress fall to the ground and watched Truth turn around and walk but then stop mid-step.

"Actually," Truth said, and Kandi body started to fill up with hope until he said those next words. "There's one more thing I need to talk to you about, meet me in the living room when you finished?"

"A'ight." Kandi replied defeated as she watched him walk down the hallway and back down stairs.

After taking a quick shower and throwing on her white Burberry maxi dress with a flower pattern, Jimmy Choo sandals, putting her hair in a bun, and grabbing her Dolce and Gabbana tote bag. Kandi walked down the stairs making her way towards the living room.

Kandi found Truth slouching down on the couch watching a high school football game.

"What's up?" Kandi asked as she walked over and placed her bag on the coffee table before she took a seat on her plush black couch facing Truth.

"Where the hell you going?" he asked as he looked her up and down taking in her outfit.

"I gotta work today, Truth." she answered, simply.

"Anyway," Truth said, as he turned the volume down on the television before he slightly turned his body in Kandi's direction. "I need you to do me a favor."