"Déjà Vu" - CHAPTER 18

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved

"Déjà Vu" - CHAPTER 18

Checking her reflection in her car vanity mirror, Kandi was nervous. Even though she went over the plan with Truth a dozen times, she still didn't think she was ready for what was about to happen.

Kandi wasn't surprised when Kendrick called her to ask her to join him for dinner, but more surprised at her having to drive herself rather than he sending his driver.

Hearing her phone vibrating in her clutch, she took it out and saw Truth name flash across the screen.

"Yes, baby." Kandi answered, grinning.

"You, a'ight? You've been sitting in the car for a few minutes," he said.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to get myself together." she told him.

"Remember, all you have to do is excuse yourself to go to the bathroom, unlock the front door, and after that your done. Your man gonna handle he rest." 

Kandi laughed. "Okay, Daddy." 

"Yeah, that what I like to hear." he replied. "Let's hurry and get this shit over with so I can slide back up in ya." 

Shaking her head as she rolled her eyes. "Really, Truth." 

"Hell, yeah. That little quickie didn't do shit for me."

"Bye, Truth." 

"Love you." he responded before ending the call.

Deeply exhaling, she exited her car and started to make her ways towards his front door. She still was a little hesitant on what she was about to do, but knew it had to be done or else she or Truth would be one killed.

"You can do this," Kandi said, trying pep talk herself before she pressed the door bell 

A few seconds later, she was greeted with a grinning Kendrick.

"Hey, baby," he said, pulling her into a quick hug before letting go. "You look nice." 

"Thanks." Kandi replied as she stepped inside.

"I ordered us some chinese food." he told her, locking and closing his door before wrapping his arm around her waist guiding her to the dinning room. 

Kandi looked around the room in awe, the room was painted gold, with huge famous painting hanging against the walls, and there was a huge diamond chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

"Thanks," she said as she sat down on the chair he held out for her. 

"So, what's been going on with you?" Kendrick questioned as he took his seat across from her.

"Nothing much." she answered.

"How's your friend?" he questioned.

"What's friend." she questioned, scrunching up her face in confusion.

"The one who boyfriend kicked her out." he probed before eating a piece of broccoli.

"Oh, she's good." she answered, kind of thrown off that he asked her that. 

Kendrick nodded his head as he watched her nibble on the food that she placed on a paper plate.

They chit chatted for a little while, before Kandi thought it was a good time to go to the bathroom.

"Where's the bathroom?" she asked, getting up from her seat.

"I'll walk you," he replied, pushing his chair back.