"FREE MAN" - CHAPTER 1

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

"FREE MAN" - CHAPTER 1

               Kandi slowly stepped out her candy apple red 2013 Escalade sitting on twenty-six inch rims, the rocks crunched together underneath her limited edition Christian Louboutin Altadama watersnake peep-toe heels. June twenty-seven will be the day her best friend was finally being released from the hell hole called prison.

Leaning against her closed car door with her vanilla color Dolce & Gabbana on her face shielding her eyes from the harsh sunlight, Kandi waited and stared straight ahead waiting to see her best friend finally walking out a free man.

Nervously, she started running her sweaty hands up and down her all white outfit, which was a plain white wife beater, ripped white skinny jeans, and she had the small heart gold necklace around her neck that he gave her on her twenty first birthday.

She quickly wiped away the sweat from her forehead as she leaned off the car seeing two tall figures walking her way and smiled when she finally saw the large bar wire gates opening.

Its been a long three years without her best friend it felt like he was just snatched away from her and instead of leaning on him, she had to start becoming more independent.

Even though he was outta sight he was never outta her mind, whenever she could she would make the long three hour trip to visit him or put money on his books.

Kandi always have his back just like when he had hers when he wasn't in jail, she remember one time when they were teens, she was getting bullied by one of his friends because she was on the heavy side back then, neither one of them saw Truth's fist flying towards his face and knocking him out.

Kandi watched as he walked out the gates, he was slightly bowlegged but that didn't take anything away from him. Seeing that he was dressed in a plain white shirt, with dark jeans that was slightly sagging off him, a pair or Nikes, and instead of the low hair cut she's so use to him rocking, instead he was now rocking braids.

Many times Kandi and a few other people told, Truth that he looked like the famous R&B singer Pleasure P from the group Pretty Ricky. Truth didn't see it himself, but he'd just smile and nod his head.

Kandi couldn't contain herself anymore and ran straight towards him, bum-rushing towards him. She didn't care that she have on six inch heels as she ran on rocky land all she cared about was being in her best friend arms.

Kandi jumped into his open arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his hips.

She hugged him tighter making sure it wasn't a dream this time around. "I missed you, Truth."

He let out a slight chuckle before he spoke. "I missed you too, baby girl."

After giving her a last reassuring sqeeze that he wasn't going anywhere, Truth gently sat her down on her own two feet.

Checking her out, he saw that the three years did her good. She wasn't the little girl he left behind but now a grown woman who came into her own.

Kandi have a uncanny resemblance to singer K.Michelle. At five foot seven, skin the color of caramel, with large like bambi eyes with long eyelashes, high check bones, full lips, double-d cups breast and a big ass to match. Kandi was a walking bombshell.

"I can't believe your finally free," Kandi said, looking straight into his light brown eyes with specks of gold in them as she grabbed onto one of his hands. She couldn't stop touching him.

"Its ya' boy in the flesh, baby girl," he said, grinning before he looked backed a the police officer that had to escorted him out. "Let's get outta here, I don't wanna be here any longer then I have to."