"Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

                                                              "Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

Kandi moaned softly as she slowly started to open her eyes. After her eyes adjust to the brightness she quickly sat up knowing she wasn't in her room.

She looked around the red and black colored room before looking down at an arm wrapped loosely around her waist, she slowly looked over at a knockout Kendrick that was slightly snoring.

"What the hell happened last night." Kandi mumbled as she started to rub her forehead from the headache she could feel coming on.

All she could remember was taking some jello shots and then Kendrick carrying her out the club, she looked down to see she still had on her outfit from last night.

Kandi squeezed her legs together trying to stop the pee that wanted to come out badly, she slowly removed his arm from around her and hopped out the bed making her towards the bathroom.

After she quickly used the bathroom, she decided to try and find the kitchen to surprise him with breakfast in bed.

Kandi had no clue where she was going as she turned right and started to make her way down the long cream colored hallway.

Kandi knew she was lost when she came to a dead end, but what caught her attention was all photos plastered on the wall.

Smiling, she first looked at Kendrick's baby photos with his mother, her eyes slowly looked up to photos of his teenage years, but her smile slowly started to fade as she stared at the same lifeless eyes that sometimes she still haunts her in her dreams.

"Hey," Kendrick said, softly coming up behind her.

"Oh shit!" Kandi screamed, surprised.

"My bad," Kendrick said, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Boy, you can't just be walking up on people like that." Kandi replied as she tried to get her heart under control.

"You didn't hear me calling your name?" he inquired.

"No." she answered, shaking her head slightly.

"Why you down here?" he questioned as he started to look at the photos.

"I was trying to find the kitchen." she answered. "I was trying to surprise you with breakfast in bed."

"Oh," he said, and stood quite for a minute before he pointed to a photo of him and another boy. "That's my-well was my big brother, Kareem."

"What happened to him?" Kandi questioned, playing dumb.

"He was killed." Kendrick answered, bluntly. "The crazy thing is the doctor told us he didn't die right away, he just bled to death. If only I would've gotten to him a few minutes earlier he would still be alive today."

Kandi stood quiet for a moment, then asked. "Did the cops find the person?"

"Naw, damn pigs ain't find shit. They didn't have any evidence or witness so it turned into a cold case. But best believe I'ma find that muthafucka' and make him die a slow death like my brother did." he spat, angrily as his grip on her tighten a little.

Kandi swallowed hard as she felt herself about to throw up, she knew this had to be some sort of sick twisted karma. Kandi kept thinking back to that night and knew if she didn't kill him, he was definitely going to kill her and Truth.

Kendrick was in his own thoughts thinking of seeing if anyone came up any new information on his brother, if only he knew that the person he was holding was the same person that took his brother's life.