𝟎𝟐. 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍

"So let the Grand Magic Games begin!" Chapati cheered. "And now, the Grand Magic Games' opening game! Let's begin, 'Hidden'!"

"Hidden? What kind of game is that?" Romeo looked at you and Kina, hoping either of you could explain to him what the game was. "I have no idea, Romeo-kun." Kina shook her head.

"One person from each team will compete." Chapati began explaining. "I'll explain the rules of the game after all of the players are on the field."

You looked at Mimi and Carla, who both shrugged, also having no idea what was going to happen.

"The first person to step up is Quatro Cerberus's Yeager!" Chapati announced. "And from Mermaid Heel, Beth Vanderwood! From Raven Tail, Nalpudding!"

Nal.. pudding? What?

"Eve has been called out!" Chapati continued. "From Blue Pegasus, Eve Tilm! All eyes are on Sabertooth, and they go with the minstrel, who sings to the red moon! Rufus is here! From Lamia Scale, Lyon Vastia! From Fairy Tail A Team, Gray Fullbuster! From Fairy Tail B Team, Juvia Lockser!"

You facepalmed.

Of course, if Lyon goes, Gray goes too and if Gray goes, Juvia goes too...

"All of the participating players from the 8 teams are set! And now for the rules of the opening game, Hidden!" Chapati said.

"Participants for Hidden, come forward." Suddenly the creepy pumpkin of yesterday appeared at the arena and you shivered, not liking the pumpkin, not one bit.

"You can defeat any bad guy or monster, but you're scared of a pumpkin?" Kina chuckled amused and you gave her a glare in return.

"Shut up!" You whispered. "I'm just saying." Kina raised her hands in mock surrender, a teasing tone lacing her words.

"We're about ready to begin!" Chapati said. "But exactly what kind of competition is Hidden?"

"Field open!" The pumpkin said and a whole town appeared in the arena.

"It's huge! But how much magic did they need for that?" You whispered to Kina. "I don't know, but maybe that is the thing Erza talked about." Kina said.

"We should keep our eyes open." Carla agreed and all of you nodded, ready to keep your eyes open for anything suspicious.

"Everyone, please enjoy what's happening in town via Lacrima Visions." Chapati said after the Lacrima Visions appeared. "The eight participants don't know what the others are doing. The rules of Hidden are simple. Each person is both hider and seeker!"

"What?" Mimi asked confused.

"Find each other in this town!" Chapati said. "You can use any kind of magic. Deliver one blow! It doesn't matter if you do any damage. The person who attacks gets one point."

"Now, I see." Mimi spoke up. "What do you see, Mimi?" Carla asked. "I think I know how the game goes. You have to look for the real people and you get a punishment or something if you hit a fake person."

"That sounds realistic." The white exceed nodded.

"These are copies of everyone." Chapati said. "If you accidentally attack a copy, you lose 1 point."

"Woah, you were right, Mimi!" Happy gasped.

"Now disappear in the silence!" Chapati said. "Like a black cat lurking in the night."

"Or like a (Y/N) at day, disappearing into the shadows." Kina teased, but you ignored her.

"Let Hidden begin!" Chapati cheered.