Chapter 35

-A few weeks later-

"You've definitely got everything, right?" Phil asked, glancing around Dan's old room.

"Definitely" nodded Dan, chuckling as he took one last look around. They were in Dan's old house, collecting everything he wanted to take on with him. It was a strange experience, being back in there but he took it well "Oh wait! I almost forgot" he gasped, rushing over to his chest of drawers. On top of it sat a book, 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower', to be exact.

"I've heard about that book, is it good?"

"Very" Howell nodded, brushing his fingers over the front cover "It's the book I was reading when you first texted me, actually. I'm obsessed with it"

"Really? Maybe I'll have to read it then" Lester chuckled as Dan slipped in it his bag before turning round.

"We'd better go get everything from your place, we do have a train to catch later" 

And so the boys moved on round to Phil's old place, which was also full of memories, like when Dan hid in the wardrobe, or when they climbed out of the window to escape. It may no have been for good reasons, but it brought them together. Bad things worked out to be good.

Phil packed up everything he wanted to take with him before the boys left the houses, thanking the police officers who'd gone with them as well as whoever it was who actually unlocked the doors; neither boys actually paid attention to who it was.

The train ride went by quite quickly for once, and there was no rude people yelling at them or asking them to move for cuddling either. It was all-round a good day, it seemed. 

When they arrived at the flat, Dan unlocked the door and pushed it open wandering inside with Phil following behind, carrying both of their bags with him. Dan smiled goofily when he realised he'd left Phil to bring his things, taking them from him as his boyfriend giggled, shaking his head.

They'd been left a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and a settee as well as all of their kitchen units, thankfully. And the landlord had been in earlier that day and left some food for them to cook after having discussed their money issue with him the day they viewed the flat. 

"It feels good, to be able to say this is home now" Dan spoke, glancing around the room. It was dull, they both knew that, but it was better than where they were and they now could call this home, a safe place. 

"It does" Phil smiled, grasping his boyfriends hand in his own "and as time goes on, we'll be able to add our own little things to it to make it more so. And when we do move to London, it'll be perfect"

That evening, after packing, both of the boys sat down on the settee and began watching Death Note, the anime. And it was in that moment, Dan realised what he'd taken on. What he'd done. Where he was going in life, what he was doing, what was happening. He was doing something he never thought he would.

He was getting better.

And Phil, well Phil never thought he was going to get out of the drugs, the alcohol and bullying, or abuse but he did. He was out of it now, recovering with his best friend and boyfriend.

"We're doing it" Whispered Dan, looking over to Phil.

"We are" Phil whispered,  looking to Dan.

And although the boys had times where they argued, relapsed or were really struggling, they did it. Both of the boys went on to get jobs, but they weren't really enjoying it so they started doing Youtube videos and things went crazy from there.

They became known worldwide as "Dan and Phil", nobody knew their secrets though. Neither spoke publicly of what they had been through, nobody knew they were together, not yet. But it was only a few years into their careers.

"Do whatever you have to do to be happy" 

"Be yourself; don't worry about what other people are thinking of you"

++++

The End!

Thank you all for reading, it means a lot. Please check out my account, drop me a follow and keep an eye on my page as I may be writing more ^.^

Have a good day! x