Chapter 15

Dan stood up abruptly, startling Phil slightly before he just slumped back in his seat again, making Daniel roll his eyes.

"Get up"

"Why?" the older boy questioned.

"I said get up!" the youngest demanded, grabbing hold of Phil's wrist and pulling him a little.

"You're not very strong, are you?" Lester uttered, standing up and watching the nerd walk towards the staircase.

"Where's your father?" 

"Out somewhere, why?"

"C'mon" Dan whispered, taking Phil's hand and pulling him up the stairs with him. Lester's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but he followed anyways "Which is your room?"

"This one" was the answer as the injured boy pushed open the door. Howell nodded and walked into the room, tugging on Phil's sleeve for him to follow and so he did. 

"Get a bag and throw your most important belongings in it" 

"What? Dan, why? I can't-"

"Do it, goddamn it Phil! You need to get out of this place before he kills you. Pack everything before he gets back"

"For godsake you can't just make me move out"

"Sorry for caring" Dan mumbled, trying to hold back tears that had gathered from the yelling.

"No, Dan I-" The 'punk' boy began but was cut off when he heard the front door slam shut, making the two jump.

"Get your damn stuff" growled Dan, keeping it quiet still. Phil silently obliged, throwing things into his bag while Dan sat in the wardrobe after being told that he had to keep himself hidden or things would be worse.

"Done" Phil hummed, then hearing footsteps outside his room. He hurriedly threw his bag in the wardrobe, making Dan grunt but he quickly quietened down hearing the door open.

"Father"  

"Philip" Charles greeted "I still do not appreciate your lies. You're coming across as such a faggot right now, I don't like it. Get yourself a hoe today or you're dead"

"But Dad, I'm not gay-" 

"Don't speak to me, Philip" Charles shouted, turning around and storming out leaving Phil sighing sadly as he fell back onto his bed.

Once Phil's dad could no longer be heard, the wardrobe doors opened and out tumbled a teenage boy with a bag in his arms.

"Let's go. Now" he spoke, an urgency in his voice.

"Dan he's downstairs, we can't-"

"Out of the window. Come on, freakin hell Phil. It's like you don't want to get out of here"

"I do but-"

"I know you do! Just get a move on before you get killed"

"Nobody cares about me though, it wouldn't matter if I got killed" Phil murmered, making Dan's heart ache.

"I care about you" he whimpered, turning around "I love you"

"I.. I love you too" 

"Philip?! Who are you talking too?" they heard a scream, making them panic. 

"Go!" Phil cried, grabbing his bag and ushering Dan towards the window "climb" 

"But you-"

"I'm coming, I'll follow you out" 

Dan took a deep breathe and slipping himself out of the window, his hands tightly gripping the window ledge while his feet were dangling over the top of the porch that stuck out at the front of the house. He let go, letting himself fall and land on top of the porch, then moving slightly and watching Phil shakily slide out as well.

Lester dropped his bag down to Dan before he let himself slip down so his feet were just over the porch.

"Let go Phil, it's okay"

"But-" he started, being interrupted by another shouted from Charles.

Dan panicked even more and reached up, managing to grip Phil's hips to make him feel at least a little bit safer.

"Let go. I've got you. I promise"

And so Phil did let go and Dan lowered him onto the porch quietly and safely. Once Phil's feet touched the roof, he immediately pressed a kiss to Dan's cheek before pulling away and blushing.

"We need to get out of here" Phil distracted, seeing Dan's cheeks also becoming a light red colour "C'mon, you can get onto the bin and jump"

"No, the bins moving" Howell replied, demonstrating as he put some pressure on the bin as he rested a foot on it "It's too dangerous. We'll just have to get down without the bins"

"But that's even more dangerous"

"Not necessarily" he shrugged, sliding down carfully so he was hanging from the side with his hands tight on the ledge.

Letting go, he felt himself fall and luckily, he made it with no injuries before also helping Phil down again.

"Philip!" Charles shouted again, making the boys glance at eachother before at the curtains. You could see a mans shadow, making them panic even more so.

"Run" Phil said, grabbing Dan's hand and setting off to run. Dan's eyes widened a their linked hands but he followed him because it was not the time to be going on about the two holding hands, that's for sure.

Where were they going to go? That's the thought that was in the back of their minds, haunting them.