Chapter 1

Dan Howell, seventeen year old gay male with brown hair and brown eyes.

Dan was the nerd of the school in reality, he wasn't nerdy looking if you're thinking stereotypical but they all knew what he liked. They all knew who he really was.

~-~

Dan was sat on his bed, reading a book... The Perks Of Being A Wallflower to be exact when his phone dinged, telling him he had a text- an unusual thing for the young boy.

To: Dan Howell
From: Unknown Number

Hey Dan x
Read: 8:32pn

Dan sat, staring at his phone with a confused facial expression. He read the number over and over, still not recognising it.

Maybe they texted the wrong person.
He thought to himself but they'd put his name.

And so the only clever thing the boy could think to do, was reply and ask.

To: Unknown Number
From: Dan Howell

Who are you?
Read: 8:34pm

Dan chewed on his finger nails as he waited for a reply. He had a habit of doing that, he'd pull at the skin around his nails if chew off the nails whenever he was nervous for some reason.

To: Dan Howell
From: Unknown Number

Call me Unknown x
Read: 8:38pm

And so Dan quickly changed the contact name to 'Unknown' before re-reading the message and thinking over what to reply.

See, the boy had anxiety which was making him very nervous of messaging the wrong thing.

To: Unknown
From: Dan Howell

Why are you texting me?
Read: 8:40pm

And as the brunette boy waited for a reply, he looked out of his window to see Phil Lester leave his house wearing black jeans and a black hoodie, which he tended to be wearing when he left his house at eight PM each evening in the dark.

Of course our young seventeen year old was very suspicious of this yet he never questioned it. Nobody questioned the Phil Lester.

Dan's phone made the noise again, breaking him from his thought pattern and indicating he'd got a new message.

To: Dan Howell
From: Unknown

Because damn Dan, you are fine x
Read: 8:42pm

And the kid didn't even reply. He didn't know what to say. He personally thought his appearance was not appealing at al, he would never look in the mirror for that reason alone... Apart from when he washed his face, only to see what he though was his ugliness.

Now usually Dan know what to do in every single situation but in this one, he had no idea whatsoever.