A Step Backwards

The bell rang loudly in my ear.

I groaned along with the rest of the kids.

I slowly rose from my seat and reached for my bag. I almost had it but it was kicked to the side. "What the-" I looked up and saw Kuvira standing there, without her bitch-group.

"What now, Kuvira? Did you just want to push my bag to the side? Is that it?" I rolled my eyes, obviously annoyed.

Kuvira didn't scare me like she used to, I have muscles from working out. And going to therapy also helped.

I reached for my bag again but Kuvira stepped on my hand before I could pull away. "Ah!"

The one class I don't have with Asami.

I was shoved to the ground.

"Don't get sassy with me, bitch."

I grunted.

"Don't think for a second that you're safe because Lilly is on trip in Ba Sing Se. She won't be here to stop me for another month."

I began to shake slightly. "Stop you from what?" I stupidly asked.

"This!" She kicked me square in the stomach.

So glad I haven't had lunch yet.

"Oof!"

How was no one seeing this you ask? The teacher JUST so happened to leave for lunch and all the kids were gone from the classroom already.

Great.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled.

She laughed. "Make me, Korra."

That sounds way different when it comes out of her mouth rather than Asami's.

I quickly shot up from the floor, startling Kuvira. I didn't want to do anything other than get my bag and hope I wasn't too late for class.

I ran out of the room without another look back.

Maybe Kuvira still had some power over me.
-----------------

I made my way to lunch with Asami and Opal. We were meeting the others there.

I haven't seen them in a while, I was focused on getting better and I didnt have too much free time. Asami told me it was for the best, and I understood that.

But I was so excited to see everyone.

We made it into the cafeteria, grabbed our lunches, and sat down at an empty table.

I wasn't all that hungry after what happened with Kuvira, so I just drank my juice.

"Korra? What's wrong? You aren't eating."

I glanced up and saw it was Opal who spoke to me. Asami was staring at me as well.

"Um-"

"KORRA!"

We all turned to the source of the voice, but I already knew without looking.

"Bolin!"

I jumped up from my chair and was engulfed in a bear hug.

"I missed you so much!" Bolin exclaimed.

"I missed you too Bo." I hugged him back.

I was finally released from the death grip.

I looked over and saw Mako and Wu along with Jinora and Kai.

"Hey guys!" They all smiled and waved.