Welcome Korra

My feet ran as fast as they could.

My legs were sore and my lungs burned, but I couldn't stop.

Not until I got to where I needed to be.

I tripped and fell, hurting my arm and ankle in the process.

I quickly got back up and kept running.

The pressure I was putting on my hurt ankle wasn't good, but I couldn't focus on that.

This wasn't good, I needed to hurry.

I won't make it.

Not at this speed.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

"Dammit!" I cursed to myself.

Now I'm late. Awesome.

I eventually made it to my first class and stood outside as instructed. After a few moments, the teacher opened up the door. "Come on in. They're waiting to meet you." She spoke softly. I smiled weakly and shuffled into the room, trying not to show any pain on my face from the fall I had a few minutes ago.

"Ok class! We have a new student joining us today! Everyone, I'd like you to meet Korra." The woman pointed to me as she spoke. The class mumbled their hellos in unison. I smiled and waved a little. The teacher turned to me and rested a hand on my shoulder. "I'm Mrs. Beifong, Im the history teacher." I nodded.

"You can take a seat anywhere." She leaned into my ear. "I suggest sitting next to Asami and Mako and Bolin, they're not annoying like most of the kids in here." She whispered. I smiled shyly and made my way over to the kids raising their hands. I sat down next to the girl, who I assumed was Asami.

"Hey I'm Korra, although you probably already knew that." She was pretty, that made me nervous. She giggled. "I'm Asami."

Bingo.

"These are my friends, Mako and Bolin. They're brothers. It's nice to meet you Korra." "Yeah it's nice to meet you!" Bolin exclaimed. "Hope we can be good friends." Mako said with a slight grin on his face.

They seemed like nice people. "Me too."

-----------------------------------

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

The bell rung, signaling that class was over. All the students stood up to gather their things and leave. I stayed seated for a minute, checking my schedule for what class I had next. "Need some help there?" I heard a voice say.

I looked up from the small sheet of paper I was given earlier.

My ocean blue eyes met emerald green eyes.

"If you want, I can take you to your next class. Who knows? Maybe we have class together next too." I smiled up at the girl. "Thanks, that'd be great."

I stood up but quickly sat back down. I grunted as I felt the pain shoot up my leg again.

"Korra are you ok?" Mako asked.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. I just tripped and fell on my way to class and hurt my ankle."

Bolin gasped. "Does it hurt? We can take you to the nurse if you want!"

I chuckled a little. "Yeah that might be a good idea. I don't think I can walk all too well. But at least I wasn't too late to class, right?"