Trouble In Paradise

Dating Korra is a little new to me. She's adorable. But it's kinda weird, it's hard to talk to her now...I'm scared I'll hurt her feelings or make her feel unsafe.

She's been staying at my place, I told her I want her to stay with me for a while.

"Asami?"

I pulled my attention away from my book and looked up. "Yeah?" "Um...I uh...."

"Do you wanna get food later?" I asked.

Korra smiled. "Sure."

"Where do you wanna go?" She shuffled around a bit and fiddled with her sleeve. "U-um...you can pick....."

I've realized that ever since Korra and I started dating a few days ago, she's been really shy and nervous around me.

It's probably because of her last relationship.

I wish I could put Tahno in the ground for what he did.

"How about Kwong's?"

Korra went wide eyed. "T-that's too expensive! I don't want you to pay for that!"

I laughed. "It's ok Korra, remember, I'm the CEO. I have too much money and nothing to spend it on. I'd feel the best of it was spent on you." I got up from the couch and met Korra by the door frame. She blushed a little.

"Hm. Cutie." I kissed her cheek and went to take a shower.

---------------------------

"And I think she still has it." Korra's smile faded. "Wow. You guys must be good friends..."

I went wide eyed. "Korra I know what you're thinking but it's not like that, ok? I promise, you're the only one I want." She turned away. "You shouldn't have to tell me that. I should just know. I'm sorry Asami."

I went to give her a hug and she shrunk. Her hands went up, as if protecting herself from something.

"Korra?" I said softly.

She had her eyes shut tightly. She carefully opened one, then the other. She brought her arms down and looked at me, fear in her eyes.

"Korra I-"

"Asami I don't think I can date you."

It was silent between us for a moment.

I frowned "...what? Why?"

"You saw what just happened! You were probably only gonna hug me and I acted as if you had an axe in your hands and you were ready to throw! And I'm still so scared and insecure! I'm just not ready for this. I wanted to be..."

"It's ok. I understand. Maybe we aren't ready to be a couple now. But we will. I'll wait for you Korra, as long as it takes. But we need to get you some help. The fear that you have, it's scary. I don't want you to feel this way, I don't want you to be scared."

Korra sighed and nodded. "...ok."

--------------------------

"Korra please you need to get up!" She groaned and put a pillow over her head.

"Korra please. If it helps, I'll go with you every time, ok? But please you have to get up!"

She took the pillow off of her face.

"You'd do that?" I nodded. She smiled slightly. "Thanks, that means a lot."

Korra slowly got up and got ready. I watched as she tried to find clothes to wear. I walked up to her and snaked one arm around her waist as the other moved some clothes aside to grab a blue shirt.