Realization And Self Love

"Up!" The metalbenders raised their arms and bended the metal beams so they weren't crushing anything anymore.

"Ok guys! We're done! Thank you all for helping." They left, and I headed to my office to gather my things. I sighed, I had a lot on my mind.

My fathers birthday was today.

It's sad, he died on his birthday.

Once I was sure I had grabbed everything, I locked the door and left.

I headed to the store to pick up a few things. I hadn't gone shopping in a few weeks and I was running out of food.

"Asami?" I heard someone call. I turned around to see Bolin and Korra in the store as well. "Oh! Hey guys!" I walked over to them and engulfed the two in a big hug. "How's everything going at work? You left so quickly tonight, we wanted to make sure you were ok too." Korra stated.

I smiled. "Great, we fixed most of the damage. No one got hurt, that's what I was worried about the most."

Korra smiled. "Glad everything is ok." She said quietly.

Aw, so sweet.

----------------------------

"Ok, see you later!" I waved to Bolin as he left. Korra wanted to hang out, so she was coming home with me.

"So, what do you want to do when we get back to my place? Or do you wanna go somewhere else?" I asked.

"Actually, can we head to my house first? I'm sorry, I left my house a mess..."

I smiled. "Of course. I'll help you clean."

She was about to object, but I held my hand up. "It's ok."

We arrived at her house minutes later.

"Let me make sure Naga is in the backyard first. Then I'll let you in."

I nodded as she went inside. I waited a few minutes for Korra to get Naga.

She finally came outside. "Ok, you can come in now."

I followed her inside and I gasped.

She told me her house was a mess, but it looks like she trashed the place. There was broken glass everywhere and the couch cushions were ripped up.

"What happened...?" I asked.

Korra stood still. She remained silent for a moment.

"...today.....today is the anniversary of my parents' death. I had a bit of a breakdown... No biggie, I'm ok now." She quickly walked away and down the hall.

Her's too?

I found Korra in a room which I assumed was her's.

"I understand...it's my father's birthday..."

Korra snapped her head around. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm making this all about me! Are you ok?" She rambled. "I should be asking you if you're ok.... Are you?"

She shook her head. "Don't worry about me." She walked up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged back, squeezing tighter.

I hadn't realized it, but I had been holding back tears all day. I was now releasing them onto Korra's shoulder.

"I'm sorry you have to feel this way. Just know I'm always here for you. Always."

I cried harder, and hugged her tighter.

Korra held me in her arms for a while.

After my tears stopped, I backed away from her. "...sorry."

She shook her head. "No need to be sorry. You needed that."

She gently kissed my forehead before taking my hand and leading me out of her room.

"I'll clean the house later. We can just a chill at your house and watch some movies, sound good?" Korra told me. I nodded and we left. She offered to drive and I let her, not really sure if I could at the moment.

We got to my house and right away Korra went to my room. I went after her.

She was laying in my bed when I got there.

"Come snuggle with me, Asami." She said tiredly. I smiled slightly. I noticed how late it was and decided to go to bed. I laid down next to Korra and pulled the blanket over us.

She snuggled up to me and wrapped her arm around me. It was comforting. Korra has always been so sweet to me. We've known each other for about half a year, but I feel like I've known her all my life.

I almost felt a little safer in her arms.

...but...only her arms.

Then, a thought came to mind.

I gasped.

OH. OH DEAR.

SPIRITS

I THINK I HAVE A CRUSH ON KORRA.

OH MY.

Don't panic Asami, you're just overthinking things.
----------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the smell of food being cooked. The thought I had last night was still fresh in my mind. I blushed slightly, but quickly shaking it away before I went downstairs.

I found Korra in the kitchen wearing the giant tshirt and tiny shorts I gave her before we actually fell asleep.

"Oh! You're awake!" She exclaimed.
I was snapped out of my wandering thoughts when she spoke. "You hungry? I made breakfast." I smiled at her, she's so sweet and thoughtful.

You don't like Korra like that, she's your best friend, she's just being nice. You overthink too much.

I shook my head again to clear my thoughts. Korra set two plates of food down on the table as I sat down.

I quickly dug into the food, I hadn't eaten much the day before.

"Mmm, this is delicious. Thank you Korra." She smiled at me edits taking a bite. "No problem."

After breakfast we decided to just lay down for a while. Today was a lazy day.

I was about to fall asleep again. As I was slipping into deep sleep, I heard Korra talking. It was hard to hear, but I could hear her well enough to understand.

"You're amazing. So cool and smooth and badass. So beautiful. I wish I could tell you how I feel...how I really feel. But I don't wanna ruin our friendship. I'd rather keep you as a friend than lose you all together just because I can't keep my feelings in check. Although I don't know why I'm saying this, you'd never be interested in me like that. I'm nothing special. You're so awesome. I'm just...me."

I blushed and smiled a little, but then quickly frowned.

Korra didn't see how great she was. She was the sweetest most beautiful and smart and bravest person ever! I don't understand why she doesn't see herself that way.

I'll make her know how great she is.

I'll make sure she knows.

I'll keep reminding her of how great she is.

And when she believes me?

I'll keep telling her so she doesn't forget.

Maybe...maybe I do like her in that way.

Yeah. I really do.

Wow.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, sorry I forgot to upload yesterday! Bye!

~me, who else would it be