A Christmas Surprise

This is just a little extra one shot, Christmas themed. I'll also do a New Years one too. Alright I'll stop talking. (I know I'm technically taking a break but this doesn't count so here)

Read on!

It was Christmas morning, the air was crisp and chilly, people were inside with their families, children were opening gifts.

"Asami! Asami come here!" Asami dashed from her office into the living room. "What, what's wrong?" Korra smiled. "Look Asami! It's snowing! On Christmas! It's a Christmas miracle!" Korra said, pointing out at the window.

Asami smiled at her childish girlfriend. "It is, isn't it?" Asami made her way to the couch and sat down. Korra quickly joined her and huddled close. Asami felt the tan woman shiver. "Hun, do you want me to start a fire?" Korra nodded and reached for a blanket. "Thanks Asami."

Asami giggled and placed a chaste kiss on the shorter woman's forehead before standing up and walking over to the fireplace.

She opened up a small cabinet in the wall. Inside was a lighter and a small box of matches. She reached for the lighter and shut the cabinet.

"This house will be warm in a few minutes Love, ok?" Korra nodded again and snuggled further into her blanket.

Asami smiled to herself.

I love her, I really do.

Asami lit some wood and the fire started to spread. She stood up and went to sit down with Korra. Korra snuggled up to Asami right away. "Want some hot chocolate? I can make some." Korra said, still shivering.

"No, I can make it. You just sit there and keep being cute." Korra immediately blushed at the taller woman's comment.

The two had been together for 6 years, and even after all that time, they still managed to surprise each other.

Asami came back with to mugs filled with steaming hot chocolate. "Here. This should warm you up nicely." Korra thanked her girlfriend and took the mug into her small, calloused hands.

After a few hours of relaxing, Korra was ready.
"Asami, I have a gift for you." The heiress smiled. "I do too." The duo ran to their hiding spots and pulled out their gifts.

Korra handed Asami some mistletoe. "You're taller, so you have to hold it up." Asami smiled and blushed. "Duh."

Asami held it above the two. The girls leaned in and met halfway with a loving kiss. Asami dropped the mistletoe on the floor and held Korra close to herself, as if her life depended on it.

Korra deepened the kiss and pulled Asami closer. After a few minutes they pulled apart, both gasping for air. "I love you Asami, more than you know." Asami smiled. Still flustered from the kiss, she spoke. "I love you too, Korra. And I always will." The two kissed quickly again.

Asami giggled. "Was that it?" Korra poorly pretended to be offended, Asami, of course, knew she was faking. "Just a kiss? What, is that not enough for you, my queen?" Asami giggled again. "Oh I ain't complaining. Hm hm. But I know that can't be it."

Korra laughed. "Duh it isn't. I have another gift for you. And I know you do too. But you should go first."

Asami gulped. "No, you should go first." Korra began to sweat a little. "Uh.....ok! We'll both go at the same time, on 3."

Asami nodded. "Ok...1..." Korra slowly pulled the gift from behind her back, as well as Asami. "2...." The two girls placed their hands on each other's gift and exchanged them. "3!"

The duo opened their gifts quickly.

They both stared at the gifts.

"Korra-"
"Asami-"

They both whispered the other's name in unison.

They were both holding small boxes with velvet covering the outside. The two glanced up at each other for only a moment before opening up the boxes with a gasp.

Korra's box opened to reveal a small gold band with a single maroon gemstone.

Asami's box opened to reveal a small gold band, like Korra, but instead held a single blue gemstone on its side.

Asami looked up at Korra with misty eyes, noticing that Korra was already looking up at her. "Korra." Asami laughed out.

"We had the same idea." Korra said, barely above a whisper. Asami chuckled a little. "Yeah, I guess so." Korra reached for the ring she gave Asami.

She knelt down, setting the ring she was given to the side, now only holding the one meant for Asami's finger.

"Asami-"

"YES!"

Asami leapt into Korra's arms, tipping themselves over in the process. Asami was now showering her girlfriend-no, fiancé, with kisses.

Asami pulled away from the tan woman's face. "Aw, Asami, I had a whole speech prepared for you, you didn't even let me finish!" Korra joked.

Asami smiled at her new fiancé. "Please tell me, I wanna hear it." Korra sat up, Asami still in her lap.

"Asami, you are the love of my life, my soulmate, my partner in crime, my best friend. I love being with you, and I want to keep being with you. I want to go to bed next to you, and wake up next to you for the rest of my life. I want our souls to be together forever. I want to have kids, and have some very wild sex."

Asami laughed. Korra smiled and reached for the CEO's hands.

"But most importantly, I want us to be in each other's lives. No matter what."

Asami was now crying silently, her tears rolling down her chin.

"So Asami, will you make me the happiest woman alive and marry me?" Asami wiped her tears away. "Of course ya big goofball."

Asami leaned forward and kissed Korra with as much passion as she had in her.

Korra placed the ring on Asami's finger.

"Now Asami, don't you have something to ask me?" Asami giggled. "Korra-"

"Yes definitely 100% yes without a doubt yes."

Asami smiled. She reached for her ring and placed it on Korra's finger.

"I love you Korra. With all my heart and then some." Korra smiled. "I love you too, Asami."

A smirk spread across Asami's face. "So...about that 'wild sex'...." Korra now had the same look on her face. "Race you upstairs." Korra quickly pushed Asami off of her and made a dash for the stairs. "Loser has to be teased extra long!" Asami ran after her fiancé. "No fair!"

The snow was still silently falling outside. Sure, shrieks and moans filled the house, and sure, the two women left the rest of their gifts unopened, but outside, the sun was already starting to set. It was peaceful.

Well there you guys go! Hope you enjoyed that little one shot! Just wanted to do something for Christmas! Bye!!!

~me, who else would it be