Back On Track (last chapter)

You guys are probably wondering, "what about Asami's scars and whatnot?" Well they won't be covered in this story, but they will be in the sequel so check it out when it comes out!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I stepped into the familiar home and looked around, noting that not much had changed. Some furniture had shifted but not by much.

I didn't get a chance to really look around the house the last time I was here, I hadn't payed attention to anything else other than Asami.

I had been in a trance when I was in her arms, one I couldn't seem to shake out of.

I needed some time to get used to being back, everything was so different now. I changed, Asami changed, my friends changed too. Not in a bad way though, they've grown into amazing people.

"Korra! Can you come in here for a second?" I looked away from the couch I was admiring and followed the sound of where the voice came from.

"What's up Bo?" I asked as I entered the spare bedroom.

"I need your help setting the TV up. I can't figure this damn thing out!"

I chuckled and plugged in the correct cords but quickly slammed my hands over my ears as a show came on at full volume.

Bolin frantically picked up the remote to turn it down. Once it was safe, I uncovered my ears and glared at him.

He smiled sheepishly. "Hehe...oops."

I rolled my eyes with a smile and went back to wandering around the house.

I wandered around without thinking and ended up in a small room that I swore used to be a spare bedroom, but was now a room dedicated to Asami's parents.

I focused on the fresh bouquet of flowers in a small clear case on a table in the corner of the room, a photo of each parent on either side.

"Korra? What are you doing in here?" I turned and saw Asami staring at me with a curious smile, one eyebrow arched.

"I didn't mean to walk in here, I was wandering and I guess my feet decided to take me here."

She walked up to me and placed a hand on my hip, pulling me close. I wrapped my hand around her hip as well.

"My parents would've loved you, you know."

I turned to my girlfriend. "You really think so?" She nodded. "No doubt in my mind."

I smiled shyly. "My parents would've loved you as well." She pecked my cheek and pulled away, taking my hand to lead me out of the room.

"C'mon, let's get Bolin. I made lunch." I followed her, but but before stealing another look in the room.

-----

"Do you mind if I use the bathroom?" I asked Asami. She gave me an odd look.

"Korra, it's our house. You don't have to ask me." I shook my head in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I'm just not used to being back." She gave me an understanding look before leaving me to use the bathroom. I got up from my chair and headed down the hall.

Once I found the bathroom, I stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind me.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

After a few moments, I turned the faucet on and splashed some cold water on my face, before bending it off of my face and down the drain.

*in case you've forgotten, bending is used but very rarely and rarely mentioned as well*

I sighed looking back up to my reflection.

It was hard being back, after being gone for so long, I wasn't used to living with someone and being in a relationship.

I wasn't used to having friends.

I wasn't used to nice and such beautiful shelter.

I wasn't used to home cooked meals.

I wasn't used to the soft bed.

I wasn't used to any of this.

But I was home now, I needed to act like nothing has changed. It'll be hard, but with time everything will be back to normal.

-----

"Korra, would you come in here for a second?"

My ears perked up at the sound of Asami's soothing voice calling for me. I stood and set my book down, making my way to her office.

I had gotten into the habit of reading. I loved it. The stories took you to another world, it was amazing.

"Yes?" I asked once I entered the room.

"I need to talk to you for a second."

I gulped. She must have noticed my nervousness and laughed.

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble. Come sit down."

I took a seat next to her. She smiled at me, making me blush a little.

"I wanted to talk to you, about school."

I mentally sighed. I knew this was coming.

"I made some calls, and our old high school said that you had enough credits to graduate, so you're fine. Then I made some more calls, and I wanted to know if you would go to college with me?" She looked like I had already said no.

Going to college sounded fun, I would love to go with Asami.

"Yeah, sure." I said simply.

Asami blinked twice, unmoving. Then, she leapt into my arms, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Ahhh! Thank you thank you thank you!" She pulled away and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I can't wait to go to school again." I smiled.

-----

"Almost there, don't drop it!" Asami grunted as we made it into the dorm and sat down her bookshelf. I let out a sigh of relief.

That thing was heavy. Now we have to carry in a microwave.

"Asami, are you sure you need all of this?" I asked.

She laughed and stood up straight.

"I just want this place to feel comfortable is all."

"Incoming!" My head swung to the door as a shoe came flying into my face. "Oof!" I was knocked onto the ground. I rubbed my cheek and looked up, trying to see who threw it.

A girl came in, she looked to be my age, maybe younger.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The girls face was slightly pink in embarrassment, I just chuckled as I stood. "It's fine." I stuck my hand out, smiling. "I'm Korra, and this is my girlfriend Asami." The girl shook my hand, as well as Asami's.

"I'm Karina. Nice to meet you two. I was messing around with my friends, sorry about the shoe." She smiled sheepishly.

I chuckled again. "It's alright."

"How old are you guys?" I grabbed a water from out of my backpack that was on the unmade bed. "I'm 23, Asami is 24. What about you?" "I'm about to turn 21 tomorrow." I smiled widely.

"Awesome! Happy early birthday!" She laughed. "Thanks." She looked at the small watch on her wrist before gasping. "Oh geez I have to finish unpacking. I hope we can be friends!" She quickly grabbed the shoe off of the ground before running off, not giving us a chance to say goodbye.

"She seems like a nice girl, I like her." Asami stated as she began filling out dresser with clothes. I walked over to her and pecked her cheek. "I like her too. I hope we'll be good friends."

Aaaaaand there you have it! That's the end of this book! Thank you guys so much for reading, I love you guys!

~Abra